my introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

31B_Soldier
Tadpole

Post by 31B_Soldier »

Zach,

Heed the advice that the DEPs give you. Advice that is always given, ill give it to you. "Read more and post less".

Dont ask about PT man, like Ranger Jim said, "Ise the search feature to answer almost every question you might have."

Rangers, if I have overstepped my bounds on this one, say the word.
B/787 MP Training Btn 03 Nov 05-1 Apr 05
300th MP CO 16 Apr 05-20 Mar 07
OIF V-VII, Ramadi, Iraq
116th MP CO 20 Mar 07-Present
OIF VII - Present Iraq

"The turning of the tide in battle always begins with one Soldier's decision to return to the fray..."
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Rangers, if I have overstepped my bounds on this one, say the word.
Word.

Zach, a much better looking post, concentrate young man, pay attention to EVERYTHING, lastly, good luck.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

there is an entire section devoted to PT.

but my question to you is, was your participation in the youth challenge voluntary or compulsory?
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
LRSD Ranger
Ranger

Post by LRSD Ranger »

Guys, maybe he just needs to understand why this point is so important. I'm sorry, I have to say something after reading this thread. My wife is a 5th grade teacher, my mother is a 5th grade teacher, my grandmother is a retired teacher, etc. I have seen this first hand for the last 32 years. There are young adults running around out here that cannot put together two coherent sentences and read beyond a third grade level. How in the hell do you expect to put together a coherent OPORD, with all the proper detail, while you are so tired your eyeballs are bleeding and you have not eaten real food in weeks or longer? How do you expect to issue written orders or read an intelligence brief on enemy capabilities, when your fellow soldiers' lives depend on your ability to comprehend what you have just read? How do you (especially if you are LRS or Regimental Recon) expect to effectively communicate enemy dispositions in the dead of night, from the bottom of a piss filled pit covered with brush, after not having eaten or showered for days, to a collection of intel analysts who damn sure want words and descriptions of more than one syllable, on a device that defintely takes some level of actual intelligence to operate? Get a grip and improve your mind as well as your body. It does us no good if you arrive at your objective, no neck monster you may be, and have the IQ of a fucking cabbage. This is not a downgrading of you or your position in life, you can do it. But, if you choose to ignore this point, you will pay the price every day.
Active Duty 1993-1996
25th LRSD Dec 1993-March 1996
Ranger School Class 7-95
Team 4, 25th LRSD
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Welcome to the site.

I would like to see what your 2 mile run time is.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

you need to read the rules. you haven't addressed anyone here properly yet.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

and again...
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

cpaulsen20
Ranger

Re: I"m sorry

Post by cpaulsen20 »

zach_stewart wrote:I"m sorry KW Driver
Welcome to the site kid, you might be a slow learner but you seem to be pretty motivated. Don't go too fast, or you'll step on your crank (see what I mean?). Sometimes it helps to slow down and understand your environment before you respond.
C Co 2/75 99-01

RS 09-00
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: I"m sorry

Post by AbnRgr289 »

zach_stewart wrote:I"m sorry KW Driver
Here's a clue...............It's "Ranger" KW Driver, or "Ranger" who ever it may be at the time.

DEP's post!!
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: my introduction

Post by Jim »

Jim wrote:At any rate, if you really want to serve as a member of the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right place. Please read all the FAQs, stickies, and selected threds.
Young man, I am quoting myself, not because I think my words are golden or because I'm a great writer. Rather, it is because you have failed to comply with my guidance. Had you read the FAQs as I suggest, you would have known it is our protocol that Rangers are addressed by that honorific. Please remember that you are a guest here -- do not abuse our hospitality.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”