Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

boliverallmon
Tadpole

Intro

Post by boliverallmon »

My name is Boliver. My MOS is 56M. I want to go airborne ranger. I ship out Nov. 14th. I am 22 years old. I am a music minister at my church.

boliver
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

boliverallmon

Post by Steadfast »

boliverallmon wrote:My name is Boliver. My MOS is 56M. I want to go airborne ranger. I ship out Nov. 14th. I am 22 years old. I am a music minister at my church.

boliver
WELCOME boliverallmon.

Now you want to tell us a bit more information.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Your intro was rather weak, it would be a good idea to go read a few of the other DEP intro's to get a good idea of what we're looking for. Then give it another shot in this thread, "Do Not Start a New Thread!"
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Welcome
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

You "want" to be an Airborne Ranger but is it a part of your contract or are you headed for leg land and hopin and a prayin you'll get the opportunity to demonstate just how movitated you think you really are.

Good luck to you kid whichever the case may be.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site. Thank you for your interest in the Rangers. I hope this site helps lead you to your dream!
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

Welcome.

Where do you worship, and what motivates you to be a Ranger?

I noticed that you posted earlier a push up count of 500-1000 per day, along with a bunch of other stuff. I hope you're doing those with proper form, or you'll just be screwing yourself in the long run.

Have you any biblical or theological studies under your belt yet, and have you considered seminary studies and becoming a chaplain (assuming that you've already finished your undergrad work)?

P.S. I'm finishing up seminary and looking into the chaplaincy right now, so I hope that you're evangelical in your belief, otherwise, if you ever come into my AO, I'll have you elevate on my desk while memorizing the Westminster Larger Catechism :twisted:

"Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified." 1 Corinthians 9:25-27
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Why can't people just tell me what thier real jobs are? How in the hell do I know what a 56M is? Unless somwonw is an 11 series then it should be part of the rules of the world that after you spout out some numbers and a letter you have to explain it
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
IDon'tCare
Ranger

Post by IDon'tCare »

Welcome Boliver. Also Baseplate here you go.
http://www.goarmy.com/JobDetail.do?id=3
:wink:
A co 2/75 80-84
Ranger class 12-82
SERE Instructor class 1-83

Mentor to Prodigy922 / KW12 / whiskeytango
boliverallmon
Tadpole

Post by boliverallmon »

Here is a second go around for an intro.

My name is Boliver. I have already been sworn in and ship out Nov. 14th to Ft. Jackson, SC. I will be a 56M chaplain's assistant. I am 22 years old. I am the current music minister at Trinity Baptist Church. Yes, I am religious. In fact, I am getting licensed into the Gospel Ministry this Sunday. I preach occassionaly. My plans are to continue my education, get my graduate degree in theology and become a full-blown chaplain. I don't take the job lightly as some might. I consider it a calling and an honor to be one. Yes, I want to go airborne ranger. The recruiters told me that I should request those things during AIT when I start talking to counselors. After reading numerous posts here, I see that I should have gotten this put in my contract. I know that there is a mobile recruiting team for airborne school that I might get into, but I am not sure about ranger school. I am still reading alot on this webiste, so if someone wouldn't mind showing me if I can still get in somehow or at least point me towards the correct thread that would be appreciated.

Why ranger? Because they are the best. I watn the prestige, honor, and respect that is associated with rangers. I received my first taste of what the rangers are all about several years ago, when I watched the best ranger competition on TV. My grandfather was in the National Guard and began to tell me many stories about the rangers. Since then I have looked up to the rangers and what they stand for. When I finally decided to join the army, I wanted to be associated with the best.

Do I know that it will be hard and that ranger school is brutal? Yes, I understand that and that is another reason why I want to be a ranger. I want the challenge. I have challenged myself in many ways throughout my life, and I see this as one of the ultimate ones.

I do perform 500-1000 pushups a day. My form is very good. At one point I was competing in powerlifting and learned proper form from a hall of fame powerlifter (Rickey Dale Crain). I have applied the knowledge from powerlifting onto my pushup form.

Boliver
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site, and good luck on your quest.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
boliverallmon
Tadpole

Post by boliverallmon »

I read and found my answer. It seems that I can apply for Airborne during AIT and Ranger School during Airborne. Thanks for everyone writing good information here and stickying it for people like me.

boliver
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

There is only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. Although you began weak, you finally caught it on the second attempt. You get a go at this station. Now for your second lesson, we always capitalize the R in Ranger. You also need to pay attention to detail as there is no reason for the spelling errors in your texts. Yes, it's that important. In addition, I'd like you to read all the FAQs, stickies, and selected threads. The search button is your friend. Please explain to us what made you decide to join the active Army, instead of the Army National Guard (you indicated that you had family members in the guard).
Last edited by Jim on October 27th, 2006, 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
boliverallmon
Tadpole

Post by boliverallmon »

I am still in the process of reading all the FAQ's and stickies. I understand about capitalizing Ranger.

I chose active Army vs. everything else because of my pastor. He was an officer during Vietnam and told me alot of stories about the Army. My family wanted me to go to the AF because it is alot easier, but I want the challenge. I have always had the feeling that if you are going to do something, do it wholeheartedly.

Boliver

Return to “Introduction Archive”