Battalion Rear Detachments

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Invictus
Ranger

Re: Battalion Rear Detachments

Post by Invictus »

XCrunner wrote:What is the role of a Ranger Battalions Rear Detachment? Do they attend R.I.P. before going to these units, or are they support units? I'm talking about the ones that stay behind from deployments. Any informaytion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rangers!
I'll have to admit, this is the first Rear-D question I've ever seen posted on here...congrats :roll:

In my experience rear d was always spoke of in a negative sense...as in:
"Dude, I got boned with Rear D and can't go on this deployment...FUCK"

Not sure what your need to know, or reason for asking :?
BrianT
Inprocessing

Post by BrianT »

Guys with injuries stay behind. Also anybody that might be in trouble(DUI or something). I'm not sure how they choose NCOICs and such. They probably just stick somebody with that.
SunDevilWrestler
Ranger

Post by SunDevilWrestler »

BrianT wrote:I'm not sure how they choose NCOICs and such. They probably just stick somebody with that.
Didn't you just get to battalion?

Holy fuck, your an idiot. What the fuck can you possibly know?

What fucken company are you in? Your Senior Private needs to kick your fucken ass.
Stay Hard, Crush the Weak.

Whatever It Takes
Never Quit. Never Give In. Never Back Down.
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

SunDevilWrestler wrote:
BrianT wrote:I'm not sure how they choose NCOICs and such. They probably just stick somebody with that.
Didn't you just get to battalion?

Holy fuck, your an idiot. What the fuck can you possibly know?

What fucken company are you in? Your Senior Private needs to kick your fucken ass.
STANDARD :D
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

XCrunner wrote:Thanks, just wanted to know if they were support elements or not. Guess they aren't. Thanks for the information Rangers!
Why do you care
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

XCrunner wrote:Ranger Baseplate, I was asking this information for a school project for a career class.
Why don't you post the finished project on here? I'd like to see it.
lusus
Ranger

Post by lusus »

XCrunner wrote:
Why don't you post the finished project on here? I'd like to see it.
Actually Ranger Invictus, the project is a job shadow that I've arranged. I'll be more than happy to post the written part of it in a few weeks though. Thanks Rangers. P.S. Just to clarify, my school requires all Juniors to do a job shadow, this is where you pick a job and spend the day at that job.
You're in luck! After they vote on who gets to be the rear detachment NCOIC there is plenty to do. After the Battalion ships out there are usually numerous grid squares to be polished, and someone will have to get the canopy lights over to the riggers. One word of caution though - To make your visit more pleasant, try to avoid the riser grease. It's a mess!
C co 2/75 86-90
Class 8-88

'The will to conquer is the first condition of victory.' Frederick Foch
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

That grease wont be shit if he looses the key to the drop zone......
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....
Goog
Ranger

Post by Goog »

Ranger175csar wrote:That grease wont be shit if he looses the key to the drop zone......
.....or forgets to turn on the range fan. It gets hot as hell down south you know.
90-94 A co 3/75 RGR Regt (2plt/HQ/Wpns)
94-97 75th RGR Regt (Pre-RGR)
Graduated Ranger Class 2-92 "Merrills Marauder"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

XCrunner wrote: P.S. Just to clarify, my school requires all Juniors to do a job shadow, this is where you pick a job and spend the day at that job.
So your wish is to shadow Rear-D ? You are truly a dumbfuck and I command you to begin pushing.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Seriously, if you're doing a high school research paper, posting a preview in here somewhere or sending it to a few of us (who have previously givin specific permission) for opsec & factual critique would be a good thing.
Or post it publicly to provide satire fodder :twisted:
There's a lot in print now about battalion life, such as 'Shadow Warriors' and Chaplain Streuckers' new book that'll tell you all you need to know, as well as reading the forums here.
You should already have discovered that a thick skin is a prerequisite to run with this mob, even at 17 years old!
You might get some photos and info from the official army recruiting pages on the Rangers and the USASOC PAO office on line,
Good luck.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”