Last RIP class of 2006?

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Ranger Luna wrote:
RTO wrote:
Joseph PrettyDeepWater wrote:Odiedog52,
Which ABN class are you in?

I in-processed yesterday and am in Delta Co, 2nd plt. PT test is on monday.

~Joseph
I was in Delta Co, 2nd plt! 8)

Make sure to request blood wings! :D
Yea, but make sure you get the NON nasty ones. :x :x :x :x :x :x

YOu are a pussy if you don't have both
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Hoover wrote:
RTO wrote:
Joseph PrettyDeepWater wrote:Odiedog52,
Which ABN class are you in?

I in-processed yesterday and am in Delta Co, 2nd plt. PT test is on monday.

~Joseph
I was in Delta Co, 2nd plt! 8)

Hell yeah.......I got mine! :shock:

and Hey Joe....send me a sitrep on the p.t. test ok?.......Cheers.
Roger that Ranger Hoover.
The test is tomorrow morning so I will get you a sitrep by tuesday or wednesday at the latest.

Odie, Im in 2nd plt, across the way from you.
I actually graduated from C co 1-19 back in July, an injury held me back awhile.

Ranger RTO I'll make sure and request blood wings. I was under the impression that the Army no longer did them? Hopefully it was just a basic training thing.

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

-Mika

Don't fuckin' worry about being a RIP holdover for that long. If you are, it will be a perfect opportunity to correct any PT deficiencies you might have. I know because I had to do the same thing. I don't know if they still do it, but they used to send all the holdovers on block leave with 3rd Batt. The Ranger DFAC would be closed and the pussy-ass 30th Engineers didn't want to deal with 'em. If they don't give you leave, guess what?.. Suck it up and Drive On!...
I have no idea who is in charge of RIP holdover now, but when I was there we had this cat SFC Ray Devins. This guy was a fuckin' monster!!!.. (any of the members here who knew him can vouch for this..) He brought the pain with twice-a-day PT old school style (500 4-count jumping jacks in the pouring rain for starters because we pissed him off..) but I'll tell you what; 6+ weeks of PT with him 5 days a week got me in the best shape I could be in.

The bottom line is deal with it & roll with the punches. Your ass belongs to Uncle Sugar now and you will get leave when and if he sees fit. Period, fucking end. You will get leave eventually, but worry about what you have in front of you right now. The Ranger Regiment works at a different pace than the rest of the Army, but they will take care of you.

Good luck and Keep Driving on!.. Remeber; Cardiac Hill is your Freind!.. :wink: :wink: :wink:
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
BrianT
Inprocessing

Post by BrianT »

Joseph PrettyDeepWater wrote:
Hoover wrote:
RTO wrote: I was in Delta Co, 2nd plt! 8)

The test is tomorrow morning so I will get you a sitrep by tuesday or wednesday at the latest.

I actually graduated from C co 1-19 back in July, an injury held me back awhile.

Ranger RTO I'll make sure and request blood wings. I was under the impression that the Army no longer did them? Hopefully it was just a basic training thing.

~Joseph
4th Platoon got them :) Anyways, I doubt you'll be able to get blood wings from an instructor. Just get your dad to pin them on if he's coming or something. He can smack the shit out of you.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

BrianT wrote:
Joseph PrettyDeepWater wrote:
Hoover wrote:

~Joseph
4th Platoon got them :) Anyways, I doubt you'll be able to get blood wings from an instructor. Just get your dad to pin them on if he's coming or something. He can smack the shit out of you.
They haven't 'approved' of blood wings for a long time. Even back when I got mine they were hard to come by. I had a sympathetic Black Hat that understood and wasn't worried about getting in trouble.
Mika
US Army Reservist

Post by Mika »

Well, RIP hold is pretty nice, as long as you remember to follow simple instructions, I'll gladly accept any time to work on my running disabilities. From what I heard from a reliable source, waiting until January is not going to be just a rumor anymore. It's gonna be a cold one, I'll just have to drive on and "roll with the punches" like you guys say. As simple as that sounds, that seems to help me the most.
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

I attended a meeting held by the Ranger liason this past wednesday while in Airborne school.
During the meeting the question came up about exodus.
From what the Sergeant said if your graduate Airborne school before nov 15 your good to go before exodus.

Dont know if this is solid information or not though. Just taking the Ranger liason's information and passing it on.

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

SunDevilWrestler wrote:I would worry about correcting deficiencies before I worry about going home.
x2
Especially take note of the SunDevil's taglines & take them to heart.

If you failed a run & you weren't puking before you went down, you were holding back. When its a run for record, you run for your life.
ya know, kinda like war.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Mika wrote:Well, RIP hold is pretty nice, as long as you remember to follow simple instructions, I'll gladly accept any time to work on my running disabilities. From what I heard from a reliable source, waiting until January is not going to be just a rumor anymore. It's gonna be a cold one, I'll just have to drive on and "roll with the punches" like you guys say. As simple as that sounds, that seems to help me the most.
Wait...you are going to be in RIP hold for 60+ days?

Return to “About RASP”