Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Muskrat
Egg

Intro

Post by Muskrat »

Greetings, Rangers.

My name is Alex, and I'm an 18-year-old freshman at CSU. I'm in ROTC but not currently contracted. I was 5' 7" and 135lb the last time I had access to a scale (a while ago). I have no disqualifying medical problems that I know of. My physical conditioning consists of Ranger Challenge practices with some lifting on the side. ("Ranger Challenge" is a multi-state ROTC competition. I'm on the underclassman team.) I figured that the Ranger Challenge stuff would be decent prep work for the time being, as it includes plenty of PT and some rucking.

My most recent practice APFT scores are listed below. While they are lower than my last graded scores, the Ranger Challenge team, unlike the ROTC APFT graders, require perfect form. So, I believe that these scores are more representative of my true ability. Reps are listed, not points.

Pushups - 60
Situps - 70
Run - 12:30 (from last graded apft)

Note that these are given during the normal training cycle with no tapering off, so it is not inflated like some APFT scores might be.

Rucking is probably my worst event right now, so I'm continuing to plug away. We go once a week. I don't have any times for that, as I don't know the exact distances we do. But to be perfectly honest, it's often pretty tough for me just to stay in formation. While I'm definately not the worst rucker on the underclassman team, I'm difinately not the best, either.

I've come to the site with the ambition of someday being a Ranger. I will do whatever it takes to get there, and any advice given will not be wasted. Thank you, Rangers, for taking the time and having the interest to read by intro.
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Welcome and Good Luck!
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome, Cadet. There are a couple of others at CSU here and I am sure you will here from them shortly.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome.

You need to get an avatar.
Last edited by AbnRgr289 on September 23rd, 2006, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Welcome!

It always cracks me up when these kids give us their physical description. Its almost like they are looking for a date. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Muskrat
Egg

physical description

Post by Muskrat »

At Airborneranger.com, it's required. I figured similar rules would apply here.
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: physical description

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Muskrat wrote:At Airborneranger.com, it's required. I figured similar rules would apply here.
Go read the FAQ's and all the announcements and stickies at the top of the forums, it will help you out greatly.

viewforum.php?f=16
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome. Get an avatar.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Muskrat
Egg

Post by Muskrat »

Thank you, Ranger AbnRgr289. All FAQ's read.
Paladin
BANNED

Post by Paladin »

Welcome Muskrat!
You catch on quick! :wink:
Soul Snatcher
Ranger

Post by Soul Snatcher »

Gee Wiz, so, how are you at PT? (It's a joke, so don't respond to the question boy!)

Who gives a fuck what conditions you are being graded at or what your scores are. How do you know the grading is harder? You haven't been anywhere else.

Good job doing the Ranger Chanllenge team, but recognize the company you are in before you go braging about some lame-ass shit no one here has even heard of.

These guys are being way easy on you, so I took the initiative.

By the way I'm an MSIII at CSU ROTC, you better not act-a-fool, sucka.

Oh, by the way, WELCOME :lol:
Aco. 1/75 2nd plt.
10-00
Getting hosed down by the local Police.

"I use to be in charge of million dollar equipment, now I can't get a job at the car wash!"
Soul Snatcher
Ranger

Post by Soul Snatcher »

If you want to get down to it, Rucking is a gut check. I felt like I was the worst when I was in Basic, then I ended up being force to rekon with in Ranger Battalion.

It's what I'd like to call "Old Man Strength"

Muskrat= Last year I put together a Baaton Death March team for CSU, I wasn't even in that great of shape. Turns out, I spent about 2 months with the @11 man team and we only had 2 guys that I didn't break. Hare and Macky. Everyone else got chronically injured or popped smoke. So we never did it.

But just remember your 18, and so were those guys, I'm 25, not too old yet, but I can pull some of that earned pain out of my kit bag and deal with it. I have many more miles, and that is what makes a strong road marcher, pain tolerance, not physical ability.

You see those guys in the Tour De France, they arn't contenders until they get in their 30's, cause they have put the cash in the pain bank, and can now start their withdrawl.
Aco. 1/75 2nd plt.
10-00

"I use to be in charge of million dollar equipment, now I can't get a job at the car wash!"
Muskrat
Egg

Post by Muskrat »

Rgr that, Ranger Soul Snatcher! Making deposits already.

And by the way, what was the target pace for the Bataan death march team? Is there going to be a team this year? I may not be able to march like Mackie, but I'll give it my best shot in tryouts.
Soul Snatcher
Ranger

Post by Soul Snatcher »

Hare is putting it together, I might be the NCOIC if I decide I am going to do it. An excellent pace is about 12 min. miles, for 26 miles. We were around that when everybody started breaking.

The key thing I tried to tell everyone is do 75% of your work on the Bicycle and go for long slow rucks to get climatized to the weight on your back. Rucking is bad for you, so you don't want to break youself down before you go break yourself down. You know what I mean? Apparentlly everyone didn't understand.

Use the boring ass bike in the gym if you don't want to buy one, but if you live in colorado and bicycle in the gym, you might as well live in Oklahoma.
Aco. 1/75 2nd plt.
10-00

Return to “Introduction Archive”