Motrin question

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Re: Motrin question

Post by RRDTm3 »

Tenn-RGR wrote:
Tater Nuts wrote:Does a constant regimen of 4 motrin a day 2 AM and 2 PM have any long term undesirable effects ?
Can't be any worse than a load of jizz 4-6 times a day.

WTF? :shock:
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

See if your physician will prescribe Flexiril and MS Contin instead. 8)
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Silverback wrote:
AbnRgr289 wrote:Right now I'm taking approx 4-6 800's a day and have been for a couple of months. My ass ain't bleedin' yet.

There's been times in the past that I've takin' 4 800's in a pop 3-4 times a day. But thats just me.

I "WOULDN'T" recommend it though!!!
That is absolutely too much motrine. You must not realize the damge your doing to your liver.
I had fucked up my knees pretty bad right before an EIB road march. In order to try to tough it out, I took some where around 6 of them at once, mixed in with a milk shake about an hour before the start time.

I think I hit the edge of the toxic level for them, because I felt sick and dazed up until the turn around point, where I let out a mighty stream of medicinally-scented urine.

Motrin's generally a good thing, but there's definately too much of a good thing. I've stuck to 800mg or less per sitting since.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

Shit...I definatley abused Motrin... More so in Batt than anywhere... I cant say my problems are from its use, but damn... My gut is shit, Amodium AD is my friends, and motrin helps with my knees and shoulder but kills the fuck out of my stomache and I hae a few other abdonimal problems being fixed...

Use it wisley
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Abell9 wrote:There appears to be enough evidence about Liver damage that it bares mentioning.

I recently went to a seminar put on by the American Liver Foundation and they really had nothing good to say about ibuprofen.......they said more people die each year from the stuff and to stick with good ol' asprin!
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07

Return to “Medical Issues”