Rotator Cuff Injury

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Thank you Everyone for the well wishes! They are much appreciated. 8)

Thank you, Ranger Holmchicken, and I will definitely be following the Doc's orders.

Well, it went better than expected, as the other half said. I haven't gotten the full scoop yet, as I only spoke to the Doc briefly before discharge. I have a f/u on tomorrow, so I will know more then, and get my video of the procedure, which I can't wait to see. :D What I know as of now is, he said he saw no tear, but that something was hanging-up on the ligaments. This caused alot of inflammation and tissue build-up. They did some debridement and sub-acromial decompression. All-in-all, I'm very pleased, and glad that part is over. It was a learning experience. If all continues to go well, by spring I should be in the O.R. again, but this time running the Mayo or atleast riding a retractor, not as the patient. :wink:

The assisted PT we're doing now sucks donkey balls, but this too shall pass. :lol:
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."

Return to “Medical Issues”