Running,

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
neverquit18
Egg

Running,

Post by neverquit18 »

I have started cross country to get into shape for the Ranger program in about a year, and noticed when I start getting tired on the run after a while I see a black spot in the bottom inside corner of my eyes that appears when I point my jaw at my sholders. And it goes away a couple or minutes or so after I start walking after my run. I think this has to do with a lack of oxygen or blood flow the brain because I have just started to really start running. I am going to get a doctor appt. set up tommorow. Is there anyone that might know what this is?

Thanks for any advice,
Success is not given, NO one delivers your fate.
RangerX
Ranger

Re: Running,

Post by RangerX »

neverquit18 wrote:I have started cross country to get into shape for the Ranger program in about a year, and noticed when I start getting tired on the run after a while I see a black spot in the bottom inside corner of my eyes that appears when I point my jaw at my sholders. And it goes away a couple or minutes or so after I start walking after my run. I think this has to do with a lack of oxygen or blood flow the brain because I have just started to really start running. I am going to get a doctor appt. set up tommorow. Is there anyone that might know what this is?

Thanks for any advice,
Yeah, don't point your jaw at your shoulders.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
PULSAR
Inprocessing

Post by PULSAR »

Dehydration? When you point your jaw towards your shoulders you might be partially cutting off circulation .
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

Initial running training:

Day one:

Run as far as you can in a single direction then push it a little more. I don't care if it is only to the fuckin mailbox!

Mark the point you stopped then walk back.

Get in your car or a car and then mark the half way point.

Run every other day to the halfway point and back until you can do it with ease.

After it becomes easier, repeat the first steps up to 5 miles, then repeat the 5 milers for speed.

thats about it. .....

Return to “Medical Issues”