No Smoking?

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
shit_can
Embryo

No Smoking?

Post by shit_can »

I was just wondering what is the reason that you are not allowed to use Tobacco products while you are going threw Ranger Training? Is it just to make Ranger training even more uncomfortable for some, or is there an actual operational explination? If this is a dumb ass question please disregard. :?

Shit_Can
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

When I went through basic and AIT, it was a no-no.

One thing you don't do as a Ranger, is smoke in the field. The smoke and or the cherry light could give away your position. We always dipped Copenhagen or Skoal. Cigaretts are also bad, because of the buts. You don't want to leave a trail of buts.

Tobacco is bad for you anyway. (luna lights another cigarette) :wink:
Last edited by Looon on March 17th, 2004, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Other than the nicotine fucking with your blood flow and oxygen saturation levels, I have no idea.

All I know is that I had my pack mule in stupid school, and 'ol CD had his by God dip.

Maybe they are just trying to make the school safer for the students. :roll:
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Deyhdration and student safety. It's not complicated.
shit_can
Embryo

Post by shit_can »

Roger that Ranger Spartan... Thank you Rangers for your responses.
:oops:

Shit_Can
Tread Softly!
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Admin, can we change his user name to ash_can, since he is so interested in tobacco in the military? :twisted:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

I'm sure there are a couple who remember but we used to get those cute little 5packs of smokes in our C-Rats. What the hell do you do now when they say "Rest". Take a nap!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Lugnuttz
Ranger

Post by Lugnuttz »

Whatever reason it is, it is totally gay. I used to dream of copenhagen constantly when I went through. We used are coffee grounds in place of copenhagen, but it definitely was not the same.
HHC 3/75 BN Commo 01-04
RGR Class 03-03
Lugnuttz
Ranger

Post by Lugnuttz »

McD wrote:I'm sure there are a couple who remember but we used to get those cute little 5packs of smokes in our C-Rats. What the hell do you do now when they say "Rest". Take a nap!
You stand there and pivot in circles on your right foot. At least thats all I've ever been allowed to do........... :(
HHC 3/75 BN Commo 01-04
RGR Class 03-03

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”