Ranger Handbook

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Odiedog52
Tadpole

Ranger Handbook

Post by Odiedog52 »

I recently ordered a Ranger Handbook, for my own personal reference to look through and what not. Also, I've been reading books such as "No Excuse Leadership" and "The Coveted Black and Gold", and I can look up things they discuss in it, like OPORDs and so on to get a better understanding of what they are doing. I ordered the 2000 print, and I recieved the 1992 printing of it.

Is there much difference between the prints, or is there a year that is better that I should have? I noticed alot the print is nearly illegible, is this common?

Thank you for your time.
Shipping to Benning 20060705
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Ranger Handbook

Post by Silverback »

Odiedog52 wrote:Is there much difference between the prints, or is there a year that is better that I should have?
If there weren't substantital changes then they new one wouldn't have been printed.

Odiedog52 wrote:I noticed alot the print is nearly illegible, is this common?
No...You should demand your money back, there is no reason you should pay for any book that you can't read!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

I have the classic 1972 version.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Odiedog52
Tadpole

Post by Odiedog52 »

Thank you for the Reply, Rangers.

Like I said, I ordered the 2000 and recieved the 1992. He claimed the differences were the 2000 had less pages. I had asked the seller (from amazon.com) if the 2000 was mored legible and he said they were all like that, as the books were designed to be small to be on Rangers at all times.

It looks like I will be sending it back. Thank you again for the responses.
Shipping to Benning 20060705
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Odiedog52 wrote:Thank you for the Reply, Rangers.

Like I said, I ordered the 2000 and recieved the 1992. He claimed the differences were the 2000 had less pages. I had asked the seller (from amazon.com) if the 2000 was mored legible and he said they were all like that, as the books were designed to be small to be on Rangers at all times.

It looks like I will be sending it back. Thank you again for the responses.
You live in Tacoma, WA and ordered a book online? How about you take your ass to Tillicum and buy a RHB there? Or let's take this thought one step further....you know what unit is on FT Lewis....? 2/75! :shock:

Now with that being said, I am sure that there are a ton of people living there or around it, who if you ask them politely, would probably hand you a copy of the RHB :wink:

If you don't find one, PM me in the next two weeks and I'll get you one that you can read.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Nevermind, you already shipped. Buy one in Benning.

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”