Recruiters and lies

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
KingEye 4 TheNeatGuy

Recruiters and lies

Post by KingEye 4 TheNeatGuy »

The other day as i was walking off campus this army recruiter guy walked upto me, I told him i didn't want to talk until i ge tmy diploma, i don't wany him calling me up 24/7 like hes my girl till May....but he insisted, basicly throughout the conversation I told him i want a rip contract or nothing. He told me something about not getting everything on a platter and paying my dues, joining up through infantry, and getting recruited by a ranger recruiter, which i have never heard of.......Ranger recruiter? is there a such thing? I smelled bull, so he basicly tells me the army isn't giving out any more rip contracts period, so if i really want it i gotta go infantry.....I tihnk he's lying and i wont pick my phone up when this bozo calls
Spartan

Re: Recruiters and lies

Post by Spartan »

KingOfFighters wrote:The other day as i was walking off campus this army recruiter guy walked upto me, I told him i didn't want to talk until i ge tmy diploma, i don't wany him calling me up 24/7 like hes my girl till May....but he insisted, basicly throughout the conversation I told him i want a rip contract or nothing. He told me something about not getting everything on a platter and paying my dues, joining up through infantry, and getting recruited by a ranger recruiter, which i have never heard of.......Ranger recruiter? is there a such thing? I smelled bull, so he basicly tells me the army isn't giving out any more rip contracts period, so if i really want it i gotta go infantry.....I tihnk he's lying and i wont pick my phone up when this bozo calls
He's full of shit. Since you have not started the process yet, find yourself another recruiter. Also - this question is answered at least several times a month. You will do yourself a favor if you use the Search buton at the top of the site before posting questions.

AND! - Get yourself an avatar ASAP in accordance with our system - you surely read the FAQ, right????
KingEye 4 TheNeatGuy

Alright I talked to another recruiter and he told me the same thing,t hat the army isn't giving out any Option 40 contracts. This recruiter was a navy guy and he wants me to go in with a BUD'S contract though, so I once again smell bullshit. But that's two recruiters saying the same thing, so this is starting to scare me, can someone verify this? They're still giving out Option 40's right?
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

WTF? Did you read my post above?

Maybe I should have been more specific in esplaining to ju dat you need to see a different Army recruiter. Why don't you do the Armed Forces of our country a favor and go talk to someone who is recruiting for Jerry's kids?
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

KingEye 4 TheNeatGuy wrote:Alright I talked to another recruiter and he told me the same thing,t hat the army isn't giving out any Option 40 contracts. This recruiter was a navy guy
You moron. :evil: The Navy recruiter wants you to join the Navy. He will tell you B.S. to keep you from joining the Army.

Ranger Spartan gave you excellent advice. What do you do? You go talk to a Navy recruiter. :roll: :evil: Pull your head out. I'm done.

NEXT........................................ :evil:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

From I-eat-the-meatpie's intro:
Master J wrote:Well now,ain't this special....Not good enough shit bird.change your name NOW!
vrsca wrote: Have you changed it yet? It's been over an hour.

FAILURE TO FUCKING FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.
I'm seeing a pattern developing :evil:
RSD 96-99
KingEye 4 TheNeatGuy

The Navy Recruiter contacted me, but anyways that was two people that said Ranger contracts are no more, i was just trying to make sure, what's so wrong with that? Fuck it, let the flaming begin.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

KingEye 4 TheNeatGuy wrote:The Navy Recruiter contacted me, but anyways that was two people that said Ranger contracts are no more, i was just trying to make sure, what's so wrong with that? Fuck it, let the flaming begin.
Have you taken the ASVAB yet? What is your GT score - 35?
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

I hear that MJ's lookin to hire a security force for Neverland :)
RSD 96-99
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

KingEye 4 TheNeatGuy wrote: Fuck it, let the flaming begin.
Do you think we are a bunch of fucking fags, or something? Flaming is for fags. Smoking is a Ranger word. Now that I have that out of the way, are you ready for a smoking? :twisted: Get down and knock em the fuck out, flamer. :evil:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
KingEye 4 TheNeatGuy

I scored a 112 in the GT portion, but overall i scored a 48 on the asvab, and that was two years ago. So ya I'll knock off 50 for a Ranger out of respect, but i wont take shit from no DEPshit. Hmm a marine? i'll consider it :wink:
EggMcMuffin
Tadpole

Post by EggMcMuffin »

-The Eggman resquesting PM mission, over.

-Roger, relay coordinates, over.

-Coordinates, Kilo, Echo, Four, Tango, November, Golf.

-Roger. PM inbound to coordinates, Kilo, Echo, Four, Tango, November, Golf.
Last edited by EggMcMuffin on March 19th, 2004, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USAFA-CAP
SWR-TX-441

With my left hand and the internet, anyone's my girlfriend.

"We must remember that one man is much the same as another,
and he is best who is trained in the severest school." -Thucydidies
Bell

Post by Bell »

KingEye 4 TheNeatGuy wrote:I scored a 112 in the GT portion, but overall i scored a 48 on the asvab, and that was two years ago. So ya I'll knock off 50 for a Ranger out of respect, but i wont take shit from no DEPshit. Hmm a marine? i'll consider it :wink:
Hmmm, we used to SAVE lost Marines. You gonna eat one? Ya know, seeing as how yer considering a marine?

Oh yeah, not take shit from a DEPshit? Hey youngun, he's done more than you so far. He outranks ya like it or not. So get in a pissing contest with some of these DEPers. They're the guy that's gonna save your life in the field one day. Bet ya like him then. Ya gotta start now learning how to get along and work as a team. These are the guys that will take care of ya or dump ya. You can't do it yourself.

RLTW
Bell

Return to “Recruitment Process”