Cole Range.

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Cole Range was fucking fantastic!

I just couldn't make up my mind as to which side of the range was my favorite.

And they gave me a pet log! I only had to share it with 4 other RIPies, too!
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
cdwdirect
Ranger

Cole Range : Everything You Need To Know

Post by cdwdirect »

Cole Range is a chunk of grassy field out in the middle of nowhere on Ft. Benning, circumferenced by a line of trees, a "woodline," as it were. North of it is a expands a well-sized land nav course that's about as overused as Jenny McCarthy is over exposed. Cole Range is used by people coming through RIP as well as the Regiment's Pre-Ranger course. In addition to land nav training, classes are taught there ranging from first aid to patrolling to knot tying to combat movement drills.

Traditionally Cole Range is the place where everyone gets fucked up. You'll get marched or bussed out there, depending on who is running your class, and then the games begin. There is, as of late, a circle of sandbags that will become your home. It has an entrance, and it has an exit. Do not confuse them or you will pay the price. During the wet season there is a tangible ditch that assumes various names, "victory pond," or "just 'cause" pond. Why are we hitting the pond? "Just 'cause." Low crawl. Lay on your back. It's 40 degrees out and raining, you're shivering already, it's four in the morning. Lightening is lighting up the night sky. Your body is bleeding in five places. Go lay in the fucking pond. Why not. Across the field is the infamous "woodline." Hitting the woodline means stopping whatever you were doing and running as fast as you can, which becomes a lethargic shuffle after a couple days, and going to the trees and back.

Lots of yelling. Very little sleep. Lots of land nav. Lots of smoke. Lots of time-hacks. Very little rest. Sores. Scratches, etc. Lots of stuff will happen that you will want to complain about - but you're not going through it alone, so you don't. You're just sucking, and it sucks. Get out there and get back. Don't quit. Don't stand out and look like a shitbag. Keep pushing until some other guy decides he's done and gives in, and then the pain will stop for a while and you know what, you'll still be there.

Some buddies of mine currently in Pre-Ranger reported back on the RIP class that they observed while they too were out at Cole Range, and they said they pretty much just sat around, resting, and got classes. Some iterations it seems, are becoming a total joke. Don't be afraid of anything in RIP... get ballsy and just rough and dive into it, like everything that has come before.

They can't make it last for very long. Make them quit before you will.
2/75, COCKS

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -Steve McQueen
Odiedog52
Tadpole

Re: Cole Range : Everything You Need To Know

Post by Odiedog52 »

Thank you for the information, Ranger cdwdirect
Shipping to Benning 20060705
1/75 Ranger
Ranger

Cole Range

Post by 1/75 Ranger »

Cole Range is a great time. You get to sit around the camp fire, roast marshmellows and sing songs! Why dont you just quit worrying about it, you'll find out what it's all about when you get there.
1st Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment
C.CO. 2nd plt. Weapons squad, 2nd squad. February 2002 - March 2005.

4-02 (RIP)

O.E.F 2 (Afghanistan)

PRAY FOR WAR........KILL FOR PEACE !
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

We didn’t have “Cole Rangeâ€
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
PULSAR
Inprocessing

Post by PULSAR »

Does anyone remember the "Just Cause" waterhole or "Mind Erasers"?
cdwdirect
Ranger

Post by cdwdirect »

PULSAR wrote:Does anyone remember the "Just Cause" waterhole or "Mind Erasers"?
...there is no mind eraser. ::mumbles something unintelligble and shudders::

Gehhhhh...
2/75, COCKS

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -Steve McQueen
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Re: Cole Range : Everything You Need To Know

Post by The Holmchicken »

cdwdirect wrote:Some buddies of mine currently in Pre-Ranger reported back on the RIP class that they observed while they too were out at Cole Range, and they said they pretty much just sat around, resting, and got classes. Some iterations it seems, are becoming a total joke.

"Man, you should have been here last week, back when it was fucking hard! Shit ain't the way it used to be, they let anyone through now!"

:roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Luna breaks into song....................."Thaaaaanks fooor the meeemooorreeezzz.............." :shock: :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Hey, I liked Cole Range....I much preferred to at least be spending some of the time out land naving instead of getting smoked......
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Cole Range was awesome in RIP, but it was so much better in Pre-Ranger. Especially as the class-leader, with two mermites full of brussel-sprouts and being reminded that I didn't have my shit yet :lol:
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

those fuckin brussle sprouts...

fuck you for the reminder Bullkiller.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

KW Driver wrote:those fuckin brussle sprouts...

fuck you for the reminder Bullkiller.
:twisted: :lol:

Return to “About RASP”