F'ing Freezing or F'ing Hot!

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
shit_can
Embryo

F'ing Freezing or F'ing Hot!

Post by shit_can »

Rangers, forgive me if this has been covered before. I tried to do a search for this but came up with nothing. I was wondering if any of you had a preference of going threw Ranger school during the winter or the summer. I am sure both are a bitch but it would be nice to here what you guys think.

shit_can :wink:
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

WTF? :roll:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Yes.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
shit_can
Embryo

Post by shit_can »

I understand that you have no control over what season you attend, I was just wondering what people had to say one way or the other.

If this is a dumb ass question I apologize in advance and will knock out 150 push ups for having a brain fart.

Shit_Can
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I was in a summer class. I'd rather go through two summer classes than one winter class anyday.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Depends on the person I guess.

I'd rather sweat my balls off then freeze, but that's just me.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

BadMuther wrote:Depends on the person I guess.

I'd rather sweat my balls off then freeze, but that's just me.
Me too. If it's under 70 degrees, im cold.

I told myself, after Batt., that I would never be cold again. :wink:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

I was in class 3 Jan-Feb. and froze my Ass off! All the water stuff you do is a bitch in the winter, being wet is a drag but being wet and cold is a MF!... but I didn't much care when I went just chomped at the bit till my turn.
After all that I think you would enjoy a summer class or maybe a nice spring class so you can enjoy the flowers, sounds of spring and the rabbits humping away in the cage! :)
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

RGR Luna wrote:
BadMuther wrote:
I told myself, after Batt., that I would never be cold again. :wink:
You ain't the only one Bro!

Funny post McD!
Currahee 3-4
Tadpole

Post by Currahee 3-4 »

Before i pissed my PSG off and he pulled my paperwork for Ranger school,one of our "discussions" was about time of year.This will piss some people off,but the division had so many slots that werent being filled that i wanted to pick my time to maximize my chances.(Ranger feel free to call me pussy)My slot being pulled had nothing to do with our "discussion" but after getting frost bitten pretty badly in Korea i was trying to maximize my chances.

Disclaimer:the following is not directed at BTDT's who have experienced mother natures varying moods

Cold to me was scary because it was painful.My first time in the field after arriving at my first duty station i spent a couple of evenings rolled up next to my buddy under the poncho liner we shared(only had one between us)It was 5 degrees out that night and thats fucking cold laying on the ground!!!(These comments arent directed at the Rangers here obviously)
It was during Team Spirit so the were keeping us moving.I prayed every night they would send us out on a mission so we could move around.

We were in a defensive position so every hour HQ would call to have everyone get up and do PT.We had been humping a lot so everyone was a little tired.I sat down and fell asleep right on the ground.Sqd leader comes along and askes if im ok,i realized i couldnt feel my feet,nothing.So from that day on i said i wont be cold unlesss i absolutley have to,lol,which had to many more times ,but i think it made me stronger going through all of that,at least mentally.

That being said,ill take heat everytime.Except for maybe Ft.Stewart....thats one hot SOB :D
A co 1/506th 91-92
1/327,2/327 92-94

From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Cold and wet. BUUUUUUURRRRRRRR :x
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

I too went through in the winter, and I too had to deal with a foot of snow in the mountains.

Now that I have gotten a little older and a lot softer, I honest to God think I'd rather chew my right arm off at the shoulder, and then shove it up my own ass, than go back through mountains in the winter. That place ain't no fucking joke. And a winter class mountain recycle is a fate worse than death itself (thank God I didn't).

Of course, if it came down to it, and I was ordered to report in the winter, I'd ruck up and drive on, just like I did before.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”