Finally @ Airborne

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
NickyC.
Ranger

Finally @ Airborne

Post by NickyC. »

Hello Rangers and fellow soldiers,
Just writing to keep you guys updated on my progress. I'm currently in Charlie Co. 1st PLT. and am in my 3rd and final week of Airborne.....JUMP WEEK! :twisted: I can't wait for R.I.P. I know I'll do well and won't let you guys down, or even more important, I wont let myself down. I will write again soon!
Nick
Bell

Post by Bell »

Congratulations on your accomplishments. But ya ain't there yet. Just a thang on the way to the objective. FIDO. Fuck it. Drive on. Looking forward to seeing RANGER under yer name. I'm pulling for ya.

RLTW
Bell
idonov
Ranger

Post by idonov »

i was in charlie, sgt hester still there?
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Good luck NickyC.

Stay focused this week especially! Maybe we can have Bubba stop in and pin your wings on. If he has time. Trust me, it will be an experience you will never forget.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Congrats. Keep on driven.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

I'll never forget what the 1st sgt in C. Co in Airborne shcool would say before every run: "Goooood morrrninggg charlie compannnyyy. Toooo day we're going to run 5 miles at a 9 minute mile pace! Old people in wheelchairs can do that!"
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

That's it NickyC. don't stop, keep driving on. Always glad to hear info.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

You've got one hell of a cheering section on this forum, all you have to do is do it.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

Idonov, Sgt Hester is with Alpha co. now, has been for a little while.
NickyC.
Ranger

Post by NickyC. »

Sorry it took so long to reply I was too busy on the best detail available to the airborne soldier......Chute shake-out!! but anyway, that first jump is one I dont think I'll forget. Especially being the breakoff man for my chalk. When they give the "standby" command and your just staring out that door, its a feeling that made me all warm and fuzzy inside. And then of course "go". Overall It was pretty F*ckin cool. My grandfather pinned my wings on. He was with the 101st in the Battle of the Bulge so it brought back some good memories from when he came through Airborne.
We are getting picked up for R.I.P. this week between tues. and thurs. so that should be a blast. I'll keep you all up to date.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Fucking AAAAAA!!!! NickyC. You be the man of the hour. Hang tough.

RLTW
Bell
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

NickyC - Any other DEPS from this board going through with you, that you know of?

Don't even fucking THINK about quitting when it gets hard.
NickyC.
Ranger

Post by NickyC. »

No other DEPs that I know of yet. I will NEVER quit.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

NickyC. wrote:No other DEPs that I know of yet. I will NEVER quit.
Your muscles are allowed to quit. YOU are not!

Return to “About Airborne School”