Question about transferring to Regiment

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

*** MOVED HERE BY MATADOR275***

Hope this answers your question Archangel.
archangel
Tadpole

Post by archangel »

SITREP: Talked to my S-1 and they were able to confirm that the 4187 was approved as far as Brigade CO and submitted to G-1 but from there its status is unknown. While talking to one of the clerks about it, the NCOIC overheard us and to my shock handed me the 2/75th CSM business card. He had talked with the CSM and advised him that there were a fair number of soldiers intrested in going to 2/75th and the CSM handed him these cards. As of right now I want to save it until all other avenues have been covered. That being said if I dont see some forward progress within the next week or so I will most likely make that call and pray to god.
I have contacted 75th LNO and the SFC is looking into it, but given my time in service he feels it will be challenging to fit me in as a senior SPC for RIP.
Thus far the SFC has been the only helpful source at HRC. Infantry DA has yet to reply to any of my calls or emails.
Still fighting for it.
Archangel
4/1 ID Enbrace the suck.

"When in doubt ATTACK! Cause chaos, panic and confusion. Above all else SHOOT SOMETHING!"
Speedracer

Post by Speedracer »

Keep the fingers crossed, sometimes you have to find the right person to pull the right string..

Good luck
Haze324
Ranger

Post by Haze324 »

Hey man, I was the NCOIC for a while at the 1/75 S-1 and also spend some time working at RHQ and can tell you how the RIP process works.

Yes your best contact is the 75th LNO at HRC. He is the man. Not sure who's up there now. No need to get a 4187 signed by your Bde Commander. Company Commander is just fine. Get a 4187 signed by him....and ask 75th LNO if you can put on the 4187 that you will extend or re-enlist upon completion fo RIP to meet the time in service requirements for reassignment and go to RIP Tdy. No need to Re-Up and fail RIP or go and get hurt. As for going to 2/75. HRC LNO can give you a pinpoint assignment from his end, but alot has to do with when you go to RIP and what battalion is deployed when you graduate and what BN is accepting the bulk of the new privates. Now that doesn't mean you can't report to 2/75 while is deployed it just means that more RIPees will go to another BN and there could be a chance that you go to another BN. But again the 75th HRC LNO can fix all of this.

Get your 4187 signed. Send it to him and go TDY and RETURN to your first available RIP class. If you make it Re-Up.
RHQ - 04-05
HHC 1/75 - 01-04
2/504- 97-00

Class 10-03
archangel
Tadpole

Post by archangel »

Sitrep:
SPC S,
At this time I will not be able to hire you. My recommendation is to go earn
your Ranger Tab then give me a call. Once you are an NCO you will have to
have your Tab to come to the 75th Ranger Regiment. Thanks let me know if you
have any issues.

SFC
75th LNO HRC
4/1 ID Enbrace the suck.

"When in doubt ATTACK! Cause chaos, panic and confusion. Above all else SHOOT SOMETHING!"
archangel
Tadpole

Post by archangel »

SITREP: I spoke with my CSM and he will support me if 2/75th will accept me. I called 2/75th SD today to schedule a meeting with the CSM. Still waiting on a reply. Boots a highly shined, uniform is pressed, haircut is well within standards, counseling packet in hand, pen and paper with me, and the proper attitude in my head. Standing by and praying to God.
4/1 ID Enbrace the suck.

IDon'tCare
Ranger

Post by IDon'tCare »

Good luck.
With the right attitude
it's a major plus.
I'll leave it at that.
Keep us updated.
A co 2/75 80-84
Ranger class 12-82
SERE Instructor class 1-83

Mentor to Prodigy922 / KW12 / whiskeytango
archangel
Tadpole

Post by archangel »

:D :D :D

SITREP: I decided that I've played phone tag long enough and called the 2/75th CSM directly, thanks to my S-1 NCOIC squaring me away with the CSM business card. I was standing tall front and center a couple of hours later. It really was like walking into the lions den. I wont lie, I was nervous as fuck. I was kinda shocked when the CSM was extending his hand to me before I could even report properly. Evenmore so when he told me relax and sit down. I must have done something right. 0900 Monday I will be starting reenlistment paperwork to come to 2/75th. Rangers I dont know how to express how I feel right now, but I could hardly maintain my military bearing as I walked out the HHC building. As for now, PT, PT, and more PT. Continue to read and learn. Thank you to all the Rangers for your advice and support in helping me make this possible.
4/1 ID Enbrace the suck.

Sharky
Ranger

Post by Sharky »

archangel wrote::D :D :D

SITREP: I decided that I've played phone tag long enough and called the 2/75th CSM directly, thanks to my S-1 NCOIC squaring me away with the CSM business card. I was standing tall front and center a couple of hours later. It really was like walking into the lions den. I wont lie, I was nervous as fuck. I was kinda shocked when the CSM was extending his hand to me before I could even report properly. Evenmore so when he told me relax and sit down. I must have done something right. 0900 Monday I will be starting reenlistment paperwork to come to 2/75th. Rangers I dont know how to express how I feel right now, but I could hardly maintain my military bearing as I walked out the HHC building. As for now, PT, PT, and more PT. Continue to read and learn. Thank you to all the Rangers for your advice and support in helping me make this possible.

Congratulations! Good luck at RIP. You better be PT'ing your ass off. I hope you can hump a ruck.
A/3/75, 3rd PLT/Wpns Sqd/ Gun 1//87-89
HHC 4th RTB, Merrills Team/Gulag//89-91
SOCNET Administrator
Mentor to "Buck"

F.I.D.O.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Good job creating the opportunity - now make the most of it!

And don't burn your bridges.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
archangel
Tadpole

Post by archangel »

Update: Reenlisted 4 more years for Airborne, RIP and a little pocket change. Report date for ABN 13OCT06.

THANK YOU to all the Rangers that pushed me in the right direction. I promised 2/75 CSM and 2/75 Reup, who pulled a lot of strings, that I would not quit. I am making that same pledge to you. Your time will not be wasted on me.

DEPS and Wannabees: Let this serve as proof that having the opportunity to be a Ranger is available to those who truely want it.

Again Thank you for everything.
4/1 ID Enbrace the suck.

K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

K.Ingraham wrote:Good job creating the opportunity - now make the most of it!

And don't burn your bridges.
Like I said...
-----------
We're looking forward to hearing your AAR after you arrive in my old Alma Mater.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
RGR_Dan
Ranger

Post by RGR_Dan »

Dude that is fuckin' squared away! It's refreshing to see that a look in the eye and a firm handshake still count for something.

BTW---> When I went through in '95, senior SPC-4s and a handful of E-5s that came from other units did RIP, Pre- Ranger and Ranger School all in a row. I don't know how many made it but thats a hard road.
95-98 Aco. 3/75 2nd plt Weapons Sqd
98-01Hco 121st LRS
Former LEO
Former Contractor
LEO (round 2)
Barnett
Ranger

Post by Barnett »

Congratulations on achieving the first part of your goal archangel.
RIP Class 02-07
JAN 2007 - 3rd Ranger BN

Mentored by Ranger bmf175.
archangel
Tadpole

Post by archangel »

Update: Well there were a few snags but everythings been sorted out. I have my orders for Airborne and RIP in hand. Report Date Airborne 13Oct06. RIP begins 20NOV06. I have know these dates for a while now, but I didnt want to post them until I had sure as shit paperwork in my hand. The thought of having to post some lame excuse for why I didnt go makes me sick.

Its all on me now.

Thank you to ALL the Rangers on this board for helping to make this happen.
4/1 ID Enbrace the suck.

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”