Medical Question

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Justin
Egg

Medical Question

Post by Justin »

Can I join if I have Asthma. I am hoping I can get it undercontrol by the time I join.
EggMcMuffin
Tadpole

Post by EggMcMuffin »

This should help. 8)
USAFA-CAP
SWR-TX-441

With my left hand and the internet, anyone's my girlfriend.

"We must remember that one man is much the same as another,
and he is best who is trained in the severest school." -Thucydidies
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Medical Question

Post by Steadfast »

Justin wrote:Can I join if I have Asthma. I am hoping I can get it undercontrol by the time I join.
How old are you now Justin?

I had Athsma as a kid but it stopped bothering me when I reached the age of 15. Your's might stop then again it might not. Every one is different. I had peace until I reached the age of 32. Then My asthma came back and I still have it today.

I went for Allergy testing in 1984. I tested positive for 50 plus items out of 87. I started receiving injections of a serum in minute (small) doses of what I was allergic to. I was injected twice a week for the next 3 1/2 years. I stopped after that. I was supposed to go until I had these injections for 5 years.

I used to pet dog and cats and then run to the sink to wash my face and hands or if I touched my face with my hands I would get a very bad rash. By 1994 I found I could pet dogs and not get a rash.

Today, 2004. I find that most of my allegeries have lessened to a great degree since I got that treatment I did with those allergy shots. My life is much better and I have my dog's son that sleeps in my room without getting me sick. I have had dogs now for 17 plus years without a problem. Oh, I do have one problem. I can not bathe my dog in the confine space of a shower, so I overcame this problem by sending him out for his shampoos. My dog's puppy is now 11 years old. 8)
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Recruitment Process”