Recieved orders today.

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Recieved orders today.

Post by PaleHorseRider »

I recieved orders to go to Ft. Campbell. i have to report on mar 12th to the 101st air assault replacement detachment, just thought i'd update everyone. Anyone ever been stationed at Campbell, whats it like there?
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

My dad's frist dudy station was at the 101st, and when I was about 4 years old we lived there, all I remember is this intersection called 41 amubush because its known for being filled with wrecks every freakin day...what ya wanna know I can ask him he loved it there...
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Congrats.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Bell

Post by Bell »

Drive on young man and set the standards. Be the best soldier in your unit. Keep in touch. You're still going to be a Ranger. Right? Never, ever, ever, ever quit. Never. Period.

RLTW
Bell
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

Roger that Ranger Bell, i am really looking forward to training again. getting back into the field and doing infantry training....anyone know what weapon system the 101st uses, is it the m-16 or the m-4?
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Ft. Campbell is on the Kentucky/Tennessee border. For a military town, Clarksville used to be pretty good. I was in Bravo Company 1/506 long ago. Like Ranger DS said, the 101st is a good unit with a long, proud history. Good luck, and let us know what it's like.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Hey, you may not have 'Airborne Wings', but you've got an 'Airborne Tab', right? :lol:

Drive on PHR.

Oh - repeat after me: "Eye Before E, Except after See..."
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Spartan wrote:Hey, you may not have 'Airborne Wings', but you've got an 'Airborne Tab', right? :lol:

Drive on PHR.

Oh - repeat after me: "Eye Before E, Except after See..."
Yeah I thought I heard that they werent an airborne division anymore...
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

they still wear the tab and jump boots with the class a uniform, unless i am misinformed. but they dont wear the red beret, they wera a black one like everyone else. i am really looking forward to working in this unit, this is the best assignment i couldve recieved, considering the others i couldve been given (korea, 3rd id)
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Congrats, PHR, and best of luck to you. I'm sure you'll make a fine Screamin' Eagle.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Currahee 3-4
Tadpole

Post by Currahee 3-4 »

PHR,like everyone said great unit history.Be prepeared to go to AASLT school as soon as you arrive at you unit.It happens pretty quickly.School should be a pushover.Keep up your PT while going through the school because you are going to be there with clerks and weaker individuals and they like everyone to get throught the school.Physically the worst part will be a 12 miler with about a 30 lb ruck if i remember.It shouldnt be a problem for a motivated young man like yourself.

But if you are serious about excelling,hit the ground running.When you get to reception at Campbell look around and you may find a unit looking for high speed individuals.If thats you, call them and go talk to them.They will not make it easy on you.It will be difficult because there is much to learn.If you can start off a little above your peers as far as your goals(not accepting to go to just any old line company)and stick it out,you will enjoy the rewards in the end.

Just remember it doesnt get easier,you have months of basic knowledge and tactics and SOPs to learn.If you go to a scout platoon as i suggested be motivated.Not false motivation,real motivation.Watch listen learn.Volunteer before you are asked but dont be an ass kisser....its a fine line.

Learn how to write an OPORD,get your EIB this spring...its coming up soon,learn how to deal with sleep deprivation,work on land nav skills,attention to detail etc.Learn when to ask questions and when to be quiet and watch.

There will be a probation period and they are going to test your patience, will and especially heart.You will learn to be part of a team and operate as a small unit.

Honestly,aside from DIV LRSD there is no faster way to head to Ranger school than through a Scout platoon.
A co 1/506th 91-92
1/327,2/327 92-94

From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”