Lieutenant's intro (Big F-ing deal)

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

mtnsldr
Embryo

Post by mtnsldr »

Hey folks, just wanted to drop my .02 on this guy. Myself and another former moderator from Grunts (he's currently covert, but still searching for info on this guy) saw his posts about Grenada, and both our BS meter's pinged hard. I'm not ABN, and I'm not Ranger Q'd yet, but I've got enough experience to know a little about how the Army traditionally does stuff, and this doesn't sync.

And since it appears that many folks around the 'net these days are worried about credentials, here are mine:
Currently: NG 1LT, Infantry
Formerly: Enlisted Pogue, 77F (Petroleum Fueler) in MEDEVAC Company.
Deployments: OIF 2, infantry forced to run convoys along with Infantry ops. (Forced to drop Ranger due to deployment :x )
Edited to add: Just want to clarify, I know that you either have a tab or you have a story, and I know that I just have a story. I also have a second chance, and I plan to use it.)

Anyone who had the manifests from 1/75, that'd be awesome.
"Ascend to Victory!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

mtnsldr wrote:Anyone who had the manifests from 1/75, that'd be awesome.
Yes it would be awesome...explain to me again why these manifest should be made available to you?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
mtnsldr
Embryo

Post by mtnsldr »

I apologize, i'd edit my post but I don't seem able to. I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, and my rank means shit except that its what I am right now. I know that people usually have issues with LT's and I don't consider myself any different. I'm not trying to be a dick, I just wanna try and find out if the guy JR posted about is for real.

Like I said, prior enlisted, Infantry Officer in the NG, OIF 2 vet. Nothin else.
"Ascend to Victory!"
Goog
Ranger

Post by Goog »

The question was, why should you be given the manifests???
90-94 A co 3/75 RGR Regt (2plt/HQ/Wpns)
94-97 75th RGR Regt (Pre-RGR)
Graduated Ranger Class 2-92 "Merrills Marauder"
mtnsldr
Embryo

Post by mtnsldr »

I don't need to be given the manifests. If you think about it, you could negate the authenticity of anything written or typed. I really just want to know if this guy is lying. As I stated in the other post, a TL of mine was in Grenada with the 82nd. He always talks about "missing" that jump, because he has realized that was the one and only chance he would get. So it bothers me hearing what this guy is saying, as it is highly suspect, and about a subject that was important to at least a few people.
"Ascend to Victory!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

mtnsldr wrote:I apologize, i'd edit my post but I don't seem able to. I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, and my rank means shit except that its what I am right now. I know that people usually have issues with LT's and I don't consider myself any different. I'm not trying to be a dick, I just wanna try and find out if the guy JR posted about is for real.

Like I said, prior enlisted, Infantry Officer in the NG, OIF 2 vet. Nothin else.
That'll be "Two for flinching", you should be battled hardened already!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Goog
Ranger

Post by Goog »

mtnsldr wrote:I don't need to be given the manifests. If you think about it, you could negate the authenticity of anything written or typed. I really just want to know if this guy is lying. As I stated in the other post, a TL of mine was in Grenada with the 82nd. He always talks about "missing" that jump, because he has realized that was the one and only chance he would get. So it bothers me hearing what this guy is saying, as it is highly suspect, and about a subject that was important to at least a few people.
Get the guys name and who (CO/PLT/BN) he was with. Then post it here. There are plenty of folks here who where there, did the mission and can verify or clarify this guy for you.
mtnsldr
Embryo

Post by mtnsldr »

Silverback wrote:
mtnsldr wrote:I apologize, i'd edit my post but I don't seem able to. I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, and my rank means shit except that its what I am right now. I know that people usually have issues with LT's and I don't consider myself any different. I'm not trying to be a dick, I just wanna try and find out if the guy JR posted about is for real.

Roger :) message received.
"Ascend to Victory!"
mtnsldr
Embryo

Post by mtnsldr »

Goog wrote:Get the guys name and who (CO/PLT/BN) he was with. Then post it here. There are plenty of folks here who where there, did the mission and can verify or clarify this guy for you.
I don't have his name (first name is John, don't recall last name) or his unit. But he is a retired (or probably just ets) USAF SP, one of 4 who were "invited" by 1/75 to come along for the ride. But all of this is in the other post too.
"Ascend to Victory!"
Goog
Ranger

Post by Goog »

Looks like you got some homewrok to do then.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

mtnsldr wrote:
Silverback wrote:

Roger :) message received.
Wanna do us a small favor and read the site rules?

After which you may consider yourself cordially invited to shut the fuck up.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

mtnsldr wrote:I don't need to be given the manifests. If you think about it, you could negate the authenticity of anything written or typed. I really just want to know if this guy is lying. As I stated in the other post, a TL of mine was in Grenada with the 82nd. He always talks about "missing" that jump, because he has realized that was the one and only chance he would get. So it bothers me hearing what this guy is saying, as it is highly suspect, and about a subject that was important to at least a few people.
Please stop beating around the bush and lay out the problem. Most of us have not been following the thread across several sites.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

OK...This thread is LOCKED!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97