Option 40 secured.

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I've never seen someone suck the shit out of a toilet from that height before.

Impressive! :lol:

Damned good observation/advice about quitting LN. Are you listening DevilRat?
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Ranger Spartan wrote:I've never seen someone suck the shit out of a toilet from that height before.

Impressive! :lol:

Damned good observation/advice about quitting LN. Are you listening DevilRat?
Eeeeeeeewweee, Didn't yer momma tell you not to drink from the toilet. At least flush and get some clean water instead of the muckly looking water.

Devilrat, you by the grace of God, or a computer glich have been given a second chance. Your team is down 6 points and you have the chance to tie the game metaphorifically speaking, run ahead with your life and don't give a care to that word (quit) that happens to be the fastest runner behind you and in hot pursuit. If you believe and you can believe that you will outrun all the competion in life chasing you. It has been done by many here on this site and you can do it also. Score the big one for Devilrat.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Congratulations Devilrat.

You still some time before you depart. Stay focused. We are behind you all the way. Keep us updated.

LN, my wife almost puked when she walked by me while I was viewing your pic. :twisted:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Eeeeeeeewweee, Didn't yer momma tell you not to drink from the toilet. At least flush and get some clean water instead of the muckly looking water.
Ranger Steadfast, leatherneck is a Marine.....he hasn't had the benefit of Army hygeine classes yet. :wink:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Ranger wm311 wrote:
Ranger Steadfast, leatherneck is a Marine.....he hasn't had the benefit of Army hygeine classes yet. :wink:
I am proud to say I have many friends that are USMC RVN experience. I do know that if we (LN & myself) had done without water for several days and happened upon this bowl in this condition that LN being a team player would offer me first dibs on drinking some of this wonderful beverage. The real reason might be that he would want to see if it is drinkable but he is still a team player. :wink:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Buddy is only half the word....... :wink:
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

"Option 40 Secured'.....

Yeah, great.

You know, I try to make it a habit of not cheering for my self just because I entered a marathon; much less starting one, to say nothing of finishing it.

Just a nickel's worth of free advice...
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Pale Horse Rider had his option 40 secured also.

Guess what,THAT DIDN'T MEAN SHIT. You either got it, or you don't.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
edk84
Embryo

Post by edk84 »

Congrats Devilrat.

If the thought ever crosses your mind to quit, just think about the people on this board; I can think of four off the top of my head; who would give their left nut for an option 40. You've been given a gift so take advantage of it. I personally feel lucky to even be able to enter the army, but to get an option 40 would be comparable to seeing Charlize Theron sitting in my driveway with a fully restored 69 Shelby GT Fastback for me. And I would still take the option 40 over that.
"Move swiftly. Don't whine. Try your hardest."
- from "The Hard Way" by Mark Jenkins
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

edk84 wrote:Congrats Devilrat.

If the thought ever crosses your mind to quit, just think about the people on this board; I can think of four off the top of my head; who would give their left nut for an option 40. You've been given a gift so take advantage of it. I personally feel lucky to even be able to enter the army, but to get an option 40 would be comparable to seeing Charlize Theron sitting in my driveway with a fully restored 69 Shelby GT Fastback for me. And I would still take the option 40 over that.
Still thinking like a DEPshit, eh? A Ranger's mentality would be to 'take' the car, pork Charlize Theron, then go off to OSUT/RIP, report to BN, then show your team leader the video of you taggin' Charlize on the hood of that car. That's the difference between a 'winner's' attitude and an 'I'll take what I can get' attitude. Of course, if I were your tm ldr, I'd confiscate the video, make you drive me and my drunk-ass Ranger buddies around, and STILL SMOKE YOUR FUCKING ASS. 8) :wink:
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

8)
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

stang9183 wrote:Congatulations Devilrat!

You should feel lucky. I've been hammering away for almost three months and still no Opt. 40 much less a straight Airborne. Oh well, my time will come eventually.

Anyway... good luck, stay focused, and don't quit.
Maybe you didn't notice, but quite a few guys have been getting option 40's this week. If you don't call your recruiter ASAP, the time will pass that Option 40's are being offered, at least until they release more next month.

Snooze you lose.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

I think he is snoring. Or maybe just dreaming.

I had a dream last night that I was a Ranger. :twisted:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

RGR Luna wrote:I think he is snoring. Or maybe just dreaming.

I had a dream last night that I was a Ranger. :twisted:
Was it a wet one? Did you wake up next to your boyfriend (who was still wearing your jizz covered Third Batt shirt)?

Sheeeit, I crack myself up. :shock:

Return to “Recruitment Process”