Black Beret is here to stay: CSM of the Army

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
agonyea
Ranger

Black Beret is here to stay: CSM of the Army

Post by agonyea »

SEOUL — The Army’s black beret is not being phased out as the new combat uniforms hit the streets, according to Sgt. Maj. of the Army Kenneth O. Preston.

Preston, who joined U.S. Forces Korea Command Sgt. Maj. Barry Wheeler on a monthly call-in radio show on American Forces Network-Korea, dispelled the beret rumor while taking questions Wednesday. Preston is on the peninsula as part of a command visit.

He said the beret is “garrison headgearâ€
US Army 1968 to 1991 Retired SFC/E-7
A Co 75th Ranger Ft Hood, Texas '72- '74
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Black beret...Wasn't that something to be assed up over like 3-years ago?
Last edited by Silverback on November 25th, 2005, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Tater Nuts wrote:I am sure that taking the beret away from these soldiers would demoralize them ! :roll:

Of course it would. Think of how hard it was for them all to 'earn' it! :roll: :lol:
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

yeah, nothing improves morale like adopting the headgear of the general staff of the nation you're about to invade.

The troops must really be proud of the new beret, why else would they have honored it with the tag 'Monika hats'? :evil:
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Buddha wrote:
K.Ingraham wrote:yeah, nothing improves morale like adopting the headgear of the general staff of the nation you're about to invade.

The troops must really be proud of the new beret, why else would they have honored it with the tag 'Monika hats'? :evil:
Borrowed that quote for my sig line (credited to you). Hope you don't mind. Thta's fucking classic!
Imitation is the sincerist form of flattery. Thank you, :)
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”