Car MVA

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Booch651
Egg

Car MVA

Post by Booch651 »

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to tell a quick story. Exactly 1 year ago 2-12-03 I got into my first car accident, I rolled my 97 Jeep Wrangler exactly 2 months after I got my licence. The car wasnt totalled it held up really good, so the body shop fixed it like new and I got it back. Yesterday Friday the 13th Exactly a year and a day after my rollover, I decided to go out and get a slice of pizza. I was on my way home from getting my meal, and my luck a guy runs a stop sign t-boning my jeep. He went under my Jeep lifting it in the air putting me on 2 wheels. I cut the wheel the opposite direction to avoid rollover, and I did just that. All this happens in a blink of an eye and that ain't no shit niether. After my Jeep stoped I jumped out and went after the other driver, (not a bride idea considering im only 5'6, and the other guy was well over 6') PD was on the scene right away. The cop told me that he had saw my jeep in the air (on 2 wheels) and decided to come and check it out. I had so much adreniline pushing through my veins it felt really good. The other driver was just dumbfounded, I guess he had no idea such a little guy can have so much bark. Happens I guess. After a couple minutes I got bored and felt my neck hurting, so I had a bus (ambulance) come and take me to the hospital backboard and everything (just as a precaution). This wasn't the hieght of my day considering I dont like being restrained and tied to backboard but w/e it was interesting. Turns out I was just fine. After my lovely trip to the ER, I decided to go and pickup my Jeep, parked at a gas station just where I left it. Rode almost perfect. The other guy totaled his car. The only thing missing was my sidestep bar and that was impaled in the other guys car. Unfortunately theres still pieces of his car stuck in between my tires and my rims. Gotta love Max Traction Off Road Tires. Anyway. The moral to this story is, Both accidents I had my seatbelt on. My seatbelt saved my ass plenty of times. So Buckle up before you drive. You never know what kind of an idiot may be waiting around a corner to play suicide bomber into your car/truck. Thanks for taking your time to read this. Drive Safely.
Keith
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

You are right about seatbelts. About 4 years ago a friend of mine, she was a female sgt with the NYPD and returning from A Charlie Daniels concert. Word was she wasn't wearing a seatbelt when her Ford Ranger Pickup struck a concrete seperator and truck flipped onto side. Trouble for her was she was partially ejected out drivers window and crushed between truck and pavement. I Guess she felt she was above the law, the seatbelt law and it cost her her life. Dead at age 34. R.I.P. :(

Another incident was personal for me back in 1980. I was returning from a party in downtown Brooklyn at 4:30 in the AM and I was exhausted having been awake for about 36 hours. It was 17 degrees out and I had all windows closed and heat going full blast. I fell asleep at wheel and crashed into pillar on 3rd Av & 54 St. I found myself walking along with stranger who informed me he pulled me from car. I was in shock I figured out later. And he walked me 3 blocks back to my car. I tell you I didn't recognize my car, the right bumper was practically in the passenger seat. I had to read the license plate to admit this was my car. I suffered a mere gash on my shin from leg hitting under dash and a sprained pinkie and wrist. No need to tell you that if I wasn't wearing my seatbelt what would have possibly happened to me. That little device saved my ass and I lost a car that I had paid up 9 months in advance. a total wreck. Note: I truly believe God saved my life once again as he had done for me so many times in the past.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “The Mosh Pit”