4187 approved

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
archangel
Tadpole

4187 approved

Post by archangel »

Just heard from my SL. MY 4187 Request RIP was approved by the commander. No date of course, but just knowing it was approved is amazing. I feel more focused than ever. I have all my weakness writen down and Im making up a plan of action right now. Ill keep you updated Rangers
4/1 ID Enbrace the suck.

"When in doubt ATTACK! Cause chaos, panic and confusion. Above all else SHOOT SOMETHING!"
Silverback
Ranger

Re: 4187 approved

Post by Silverback »

archangel wrote:Just heard from my SL. MY 4187 Request RIP was approved by the commander. No date of course, but just knowing it was approved is amazing. I feel more focused than ever. I have all my weakness writen down and Im making up a plan of action right now. Ill keep you updated Rangers
Which commander? If you are refering to anyone below and including your birgade commander...you have got a long way to go.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
archangel
Tadpole

Post by archangel »

Which commander? If you are refering to anyone below and including your birgade commander...you have got a long way to go
FUCK. Company commander signed the 4187 Ranger Silverback
4/1 ID Enbrace the suck.

"When in doubt ATTACK! Cause chaos, panic and confusion. Above all else SHOOT SOMETHING!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

archangel wrote:
Which commander? If you are refering to anyone below and including your birgade commander...you have got a long way to go
FUCK. Company commander signed the 4187 Ranger Silverback
That's a start and as we all know, you have to start somewhere. I was just trying to ensure that your expectations were realistic. Be patient and be prepared to repeat the process once, twice or more.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
archangel
Tadpole

Post by archangel »

be prepared to repeat the process once, twice or more.
Roger that Ranger Silverback
4/1 ID Enbrace the suck.

Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!! How did you get that done dude? help a brother out!!
archangel
Tadpole

Post by archangel »

How did I do it. Filled out a 4187. DUH! If you mean how did i get my CO to sign it, thats simple. Never been in any real trouble. My chain of command supports me and made it clear to the commander that I am a top notch soldier, not a sack of shit, and my counseling packet reflects that. I give everything I do 110%. Im HIGHLY motivated and I take the inititive. That doesnt mean the BC and Brigade CO will sign it. But it all starts with one thing...I WALKED MY ASS DOWN TO THE PAC OFFICE AND GOT A 4187 AND FILLED THAT FUCKER OUT INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR RIP TO MAGICALLY FALL IN MY LAP! YOU WANT SOMETHING? MAKE IT HAPPEN YOURSELF! :twisted:

That help?

::Personal Update::
The BC got back from leave yesterday. He was out when i turned in the 4187 to the CO. Hope to hear whether it was approved or not by the time I return from leave, Jan 2.
4/1 ID Enbrace the suck.

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good start. Never quit. I only had something over six years of service when I finally got a Ranger School slot. Be patient.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Any update Stud?
archangel
Tadpole

Post by archangel »

Ranger Matador275,
Negitive on any update at this time. Im currently on leave and expect a go/no go answer by the time I get back. Otherwise I intend to pursue another option for getting to RIP. In the mean time PT all day everyday :twisted:
4/1 ID Enbrace the suck.

Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Good attitude. I have always found that you hope for things in the Army to go fast, but they usually don't. Then when you least expect it, you have your slot or whatever and you have to be in shape mentally and physically to make it. You staying in shape and keeping a positive attitude is excellent behaviour and will get you there Bro!
archangel
Tadpole

Post by archangel »

Update: Found out why I havent heard anything about my 4187. It wasnt turned in. Reason...Im a Dumbass. I thought that after it was signed by my CO it would be sent through my chain of command. But I didnt know I had to take it to PAC myself after it was signed. Im a Dumbass and Im kicking my ass(and my upperbody) for it. Turned it in 5 minutes after my PSG corrected me. So hopefully now Ill hear something in the next few weeks or so. In the meantime an outstanding opportunity literally fell in my lap today. PreRanger. I have a up to date physical and Im just waiting for a class date. Im physically ready and I just finished checking to make sure i have everything on the packing list. Excited just doesnt really say it. But its a great thing to watch a plan come together.
4/1 ID Enbrace the suck.

Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

When you see SSG Garcia, tell him Tristan said what's up and to take good care of you.
archangel
Tadpole

Post by archangel »

:? :shock: ...uhhhh Roger Ranger Matador275.
4/1 ID Enbrace the suck.

Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

archangel wrote::? :shock: ...uhhhh Roger Ranger Matador275.
I'll call him up to make sure that you get the right kind of attention. PM me your name.

If not, I am sure I can find one or two guys at 1/5 to light you up for GP :twisted:

Return to “About RASP”