How much sleep on average would you say you get in Ranger...

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Chiron wrote:
The Holmchicken wrote:
Creeping Death wrote:I don't know, I still had a few siestas, but they were the involuntary kind and I was still walking. :lol:

I know one thing though, they evidently owe me a lot of damn chow!
So, you didn't fill out your Missed Meal Voucher when you got back? :lol:
You had a Missed Meal Voucher?
No, there were no missed meal vouchers. The rumor was you could file one and the army would pay for not getting three meals a day. Never saw it happen though.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

when I asked about mine I was told, sure, but we'll have to take your seperate rats.

told em not to bother.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Speedracer

Post by Speedracer »

I had a dude that passed out under a bush in the ORP (MNT PH), just befor the LDR recon for the ambush. nobody new it until we were done and departing the OBJ about 6hr later,(the head count never failed)

The PL and APL got hammered, the dude got smoked up on the TVD.

For chow we were given (I think it was, brain fart) 1 C-rat a day in the field, God help you if you didnt pack your ruck right on the jump, you ended up with a ruck sack buffet.
:lol:
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

I remember finding one single claymore cracker (with all the little wholes)
and thinkink, hell even if it's been in the ground since the last patrol, I was in for a treat. Ummm mud cracker delight. 8)
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
B 2/75
Ranger

Post by B 2/75 »

Morning, day 12, coming outta the swamps and cutting through some civilian camp site before crossing the highway to do the Santa Rosa Island raid. Saw a trash heap about two feet high with a familiar rectangular aluminum pan, partially covered with celophane, up on top. Started foaming at the mouth immediately, thinking about what used to be in there... and being a Ranger of little or no shame, I reached out and flipped it over... OH, the INDESCRIBABLE JOY!!!! There, inside, down in the corner where it was still covered over by the celophane, but covered pretty good in ants, was a cinnamon roll. Slightly stale on the outside, still partially moist on the inside. My Ranger buddy and I were licking our chops for two hours after that... could taste its magic big-time. Hell, I still can, if I think about it.
- ALL THE WAY -
1st Plt B 2/75 - Sniper
Ranger classes 4-80 & 9-80
3/60 INF 9th ID
2/278 ACR TN NG
3/319 INF 80TH ID
4/4 FA
11th USAFAD (8" Special Wpns)
D/96 CA (A)
JIATF-East (Counter Drug)
478 CA (FID/UW) (IFOR/SFOR)
5 SFG (A) (OIF 1)
USSOCOM - Retired AUG 09
Biometrics Mgmt Office (AFG) (SAIC)
PM DoD Biometrics - Operations (SAIC)
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

My greatest joy down there was finding a rusty can of peanut butter on a drop zone which I quickly snatched up....of course as fate would have it a few days later one of the cans in my spagetti and meatballs (the main can) was puffed up (with no dents in the can), hmmmm...as I opened it up it squirted like a geyser, fearing bottolism poison I mustered up the courage to throw it away...checks and balances I suppose. :roll:
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Fruit cake.

Never ate it.

Everyone in the class new it.

I could be stranded on a deserted island somewhere and found dead of starvation surrounded by 50 cases of unopened fruit cake.

I ate tooth paste and swallowed my chaw (Levi Garret) after the juice was gone.

Still wouldn't and won't touch a fucking fruit cake. :x
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
airbornepog
Embryo

Post by airbornepog »

nowadays they dont even let you dip in school......and all you rangers say we have it easy now........
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

airbornepog wrote:nowadays they dont even let you dip in school......and all you rangers say we have it easy now........
You do have it easy, because you're not a Ranger.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

airbornepog wrote:nowadays they dont even let you dip in school......and all you rangers say we have it easy now........

so I guess it's been three months. My question to you is, have you successfully completed RIP? What color beret do you wear?

Because once you have completed RIP, I will welcome you to our brotherhood with open arms, but until then you're just another soft skill punk who thinks he's hard and acts hard because of his proximity to the cool guys. As I recall, you got PCS orders placing you in the service company, and didn’t actively try to get assigned to the Regt. So I think you just fell into the unit, instead of working for it like we did.

Until you pass RIP, you aren’t a Ranger, you just work for them.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
NoahH
Ranger

Post by NoahH »

delete
Last edited by NoahH on October 22nd, 2005, 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
airbornepog
Embryo

Post by airbornepog »

Correct. I am not, nor do I consider myself a Ranger. I am looking forward to going to RIP and getting this maroon beret off my head. I think RSC guys should go to RIP before coming to battalion. But it doesnt really matter what I think. The only thing I can do is pt pt and pt and be as squared away as possible, and not walk around here like billy badass, which I do not, and listen to the Rangers who have done it, and learn from them.
JMK SF G-2
Tadpole

Post by JMK SF G-2 »

And yet you neglect to capitalize "Ranger".
And God shall wipe away all the tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death. Neither sorrow, nor crying. Neither shall there be any more brain; for the former things are passed away. - Revelations

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”