Getting in Ranger school

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
jeepster
Embryo

Getting in Ranger school

Post by jeepster »

Could someone tell me what the Quailifications are for getting in ranger school? Would one still be accepted with a GED?

thanks mark
JEEPIN IT
Ace
Tadpole

Post by Ace »

Use the search button before you ask a question please. This question has been asked a few times. Look for the post with them they're there. If you need any other help you can PM me and I will be glad to give you the limited extent of my knowledge.

If your search comes up empty and you have a valid question, then think about posting it. You can search this site or use google or any other sarch engines. Rangers on this board do not hand out answer, you will work for them if you want them.
"Why?"
"The Question is why not"
"Well, Why"
"I know it's in my heart and soul"
"And if you don't make it?"
"Thats not an option"

Honored Moose Club Member
jeepster
Embryo

forum?

Post by jeepster »

my definition of a forum was to help people out and give advice.
ive looked on some websites such as goarmy.com and some others. well ill try the search but ive found nothing and thats why i posted the question.
The reply "Rangers do not give out answers you must work for them". Does anybody know the answer to my question? how many cyber pushups does it take to get a question answered? well im gonna go try the search thing i was told to do. 8)
JEEPIN IT
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Jeepster:

This is a, shall I say, rather unique forum and you should not judge it by any common definition, nor your experiences on other forums on the Internet, they are not all the same. It's not your place to tell us what our forum should and should not be as most of us enjoy it the way it is.

The entry qualifications for Ranger School vary from unit to unit in the US Army as the Chain of Command in each unit sends people to the school based on the merits of thier service, their strength/capabilities as an individual and usually also a standard set of tests to see if the person can pass a PT test to standard, meet the standards of a road march, and swim to the same standards of the swim test that will be administered at Ranger School.

You can enlist to the Army with a contract which gives you the opportunity to attend the Ranger Indoctrination Program (RIP) of the 75th Ranger Regiment, but there is no gaurantee for one to be sent to Ranger School as that is up to the unit you serve in. Having an option 40 contract does not guarantee you a slot in the 75th Ranger Regiment either, it only guarantees you the chance to attend the RIP program, assuming you have no problems successfully completing Basic, AIT and the Basic Airborne Course first. The rest, as we are fond of saying, is up to you.

Here are some standards of the Ranger School, incorporated into a training guide, if that is strictly what you are in search of.

As far as a GED, I am not aware of an educational requirement for attending Ranger School itself, however, you would be required to have a high school diploma to receive an Option 40 Contract and also a GT Score of 110 on the ASVAB test.

Good luck.
Ace
Tadpole

Re: forum?

Post by Ace »

jeepster wrote:my definition of a forum was to help people out and give advice.
ive looked on some websites such as goarmy.com and some others. well ill try the search but ive found nothing and thats why i posted the question.
The reply "Rangers do not give out answers you must work for them". Does anybody know the answer to my question? how many cyber pushups does it take to get a question answered? well im gonna go try the search thing i was told to do. 8)
I was referring to the search button on this site, more than others. There are topics already listed on this site about th GED and such. Very easy to find with the search button. You said you tried the search button, did you read through any of the topics? My post was ment to help you and not be an asshole, if I sounded that way you read it wrong.
"Why?"
"The Question is why not"
"Well, Why"
"I know it's in my heart and soul"
"And if you don't make it?"
"Thats not an option"

Honored Moose Club Member
jeepster
Embryo

z

Post by jeepster »

thanks for the info i found a little on the search but spartan gave me an idea of what i was looking for. and about the forum i didnt mean to sound like i was telling you what to do i was just saying thats my view of a forum. thanks again
JEEPIN IT
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

You can also ask Ranger Plavney in the recruitment process section of this board. He is a recruiter.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

...i found a little on the search but spartan gave me an idea...
He will be referred to as RANGER Spartan. That goes for all Rangers here as well. You've been told, so don't slip up again or you'll land in a pile of shit.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Thanks - missed it, although I don't know how. God knows I read all the DEPshit posts soooo carefully. :roll:
KrazyFlip
Soldier

Re: Getting in Ranger school

Post by KrazyFlip »

jeepster wrote:Could someone tell me what the Quailifications are for getting in ranger school? Would one still be accepted with a GED?

thanks mark

Just go to the Recruiting station and ask. If they can't anwser your questions there is a plethora of web sites with information. All you have to do is look. I am new here and I wouldn't say or ask anything that would give the Rangers here a reason to have your ass. They will look for ANYTHING. I have learned that already by browsing through some of the forums, and have seen other DEP's getting in a world of sh!t.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

They will look for ANYTHING.
Like 25 meters targets that should already be down, but keep popping up. :roll:
Spartan

Re: Getting in Ranger school

Post by Spartan »

KrazyFlip wrote:They will look for ANYTHING.
Like using avatars already in use by other DEPShits?

Such as the one Stillwell475 was already using that you just happened to pick up?
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Stillwell squared him away...kudos to Stillwell...who's are Chief Depshit in Charge now?
KrazyFlip
Soldier

Post by KrazyFlip »

Sorry Ranger Spartan it will not happen again.
jeepster
Embryo

what is this realy? online bootcamp?,fantasy roleplay?

Post by jeepster »

this has got me realy puzzled and lmao post after post. 1st it was the "you have to work for your answers" 2nd was the "he will be refered to as RANGER spartan" then i was told "not to make the RANGERS mad becasue i'd end up in a world of shit". what is this crap and what kind of world would there be to end up in. i could see if we were all enlisted and in boot camp&the Rangers were all drill sargents.
no offince to the rangers they completed the school & earned the patch. I would be proud to do the same. but where is this "riding on a high horse attitude come from". as President Hoover once said "its not what your country can do for you, its what you can do for your country"

so you are NOT the country,you serve the country. then thats why i wonder why we should be the "underdogs" on here. If this is just a big ROLE PLAY or something thats ok. but if this is serious and this "Attitude is what keeps this OP running then ive seen it all.

i ment no disrespect to any ranger or armed service member in this post.

i was just wandering about this ATTITUDE why does it exsist on a forum?
JEEPIN IT

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”