Cold weather boot question

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

LastHardSapper wrote:Forget the pizzas Ranger SB, I'm sure he's having a wonderful time without my help. Thanks anyway.
Ranger dad...we pick 'em up tomorrow! Any special requests?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Creeping Death
Ranger

Re: Cold weather boot question

Post by Creeping Death »

LtGoForBroke wrote:Can anyone here who has gone to Ranger school during the cold weather months give some feedback as to how well the ICB's were for you in the cold weather? I have a friend who graduated last year and he said he only took two boots to Ranger school....his ICB's and his jungles...he said he used his jungles everyday, and his ICB's only at night to sleep. But the problem with his advice is that he went when the weather was getting warmer. So if anyone can give feedback of their experience with ICB's and the cold weather I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Your buddy is full of shit. Ain't no Hooah changing boots on a patrol in Ranger School, Bud. He might have carried the fuckers around, which is probable, but outside of that ........ I don't think so.

J-boots. J-boots. J-boots. There was one sinlge patrol in Ranger School where I wore anything other, and it was right after a winter storm hit, and it was cold enough that the RIs told us to put every single piece of snivel gear we had on FOR MOVEMENT. For those that know, that means it was DAMN cold. Took 8.5 hours to move less than 3 klicks, and we were wearing the Mickey Mouse boots. On every other patrol in my winter class, I never changed boots. Hell, I rarely changed socks. Too many other more important things to do to change boots. Hell, we even had velcro sewed into the seems of our poly pro so we could de-snivel ala The Full Montey without having to take our BDUs or boots off.

Plus some RIs can't resist the urge to start throwing arty sims whenever they see some dickhead with his fucking boots off. Keep them fucking boots on your feet and let your feet get cold. They will warm up as soon as you start moving again, which won't be long. :twisted:
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”