I suckle mommys teat Dental plan

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

I suckle mommys teat Dental plan

Post by centermass »

Yeah,

The way the topic posted I'm sure has all of you laughing your asses off right now.

I just enrolled in this. It sucks after 22+ years of AFS I have to pay for this shit.

I did a search and needless to say, it was useless as everything came up under "mommy's teat."

Was wondering if anyone else out there has the D.E.L.T.A. Dental plan under Tricare and if I'm up against any surprises?

BTW, I've read the entire manual before posting. Just looking for real world headaches ahead of time.

Thanks,

RLTW,

CM
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: I suckle mommys teat Dental plan

Post by Steadfast »

centermass wrote:Yeah,

The way the topic posted I'm sure has all of you laughing your asses off right now.

I just enrolled in this. It sucks after 22+ years of AFS I have to pay for this shit.

I did a search and needless to say, it was useless as everything came up under "mommy's teat."

Was wondering if anyone else out there has the D.E.L.T.A. Dental plan under Tricare and if I'm up against any surprises?

BTW, I've read the entire manual before posting. Just looking for real world headaches ahead of time.

Thanks,

RLTW,

CM
It is a known fact that Suckling mommys teat reduces cavities! :lol:

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
JMK SF G-2
Tadpole

Post by JMK SF G-2 »

I'm under that dental plan (still active duty). They actually take pretty good care of us, as the HH6 and son get free cleanings every six months and basic dental work is covered (cavities, X-rays, etc.). We pay a little for extra work (my son had some coating done on his teeth which we had to pay; such work is optional). The HH6 had some bridge work done, which DDP covered for $1,200.00 worth, and we just had to pick up the rest. It's a pretty good plan, relatively speaking.
Last edited by JMK SF G-2 on September 26th, 2005, 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
And God shall wipe away all the tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death. Neither sorrow, nor crying. Neither shall there be any more brain; for the former things are passed away. - Revelations
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Re: I suckle mommys teat Dental plan

Post by centermass »

Steadfast wrote:
centermass wrote:Yeah,

Thanks,

RLTW,

CM
It is a known fact that Suckling mommys teat reduces cavities! :lol:

See?

Here we go. :x
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Goog
Ranger

Post by Goog »

The plan sucks
90-94 A co 3/75 RGR Regt (2plt/HQ/Wpns)
94-97 75th RGR Regt (Pre-RGR)
Graduated Ranger Class 2-92 "Merrills Marauder"
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

D.E.L.T.A. Dental is actually pretty good, CM. Here is the deal though. D.E.L.T.A. is built on a network of dentists nationwide which agree to a set fee for set procedures. If you choose to NOT use their network, then any cost overages are your's. Ie...if the Network agreement for a procedure is $100 and the dentist you choose charges $120 and does not accept Delta's contract, the $20 is and can be considered your deal and the $100 remaining will be paid subject to deductible and co-insurance.

If you have a major procedure, call D.E.L.T.A. before hand to verify what they will pay or not pay. Usually though, the Dentist will do this and will tell you exactly what you will have to pay.

Just understand your plan, bro and there usually are few problems. You can go online to check their network of Dentists.

If you have any questions, you can PM me....
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
66G_RN
Vet/ Ranger Wife/ Sister

Post by 66G_RN »

centermass wrote:Was wondering if anyone else out there has the D.E.L.T.A. Dental plan under Tricare and if I'm up against any surprises?
Ranger Centermass, I'm a registered nurse working for several oral surgeons and general dentists and I also own a private lactation consulting practice. We serve a large military and retiree population.

In my experience, DD is one of the best dental insurance products available. In the dental practices I work for, the doctors are preferred providers for DD but not for Tricare Medical. The paltry amount that Tricare allows for our services as a preferred provider does not even cover our overhead in many instances so we gave them da boot.

PM me if you need to.
Army Nurse Corps 89-98
wellfed
Ranger

Post by wellfed »

66G_RN wrote:
centermass wrote:Was wondering if anyone else out there has the D.E.L.T.A. Dental plan under Tricare and if I'm up against any surprises?
Ranger Centermass, I'm a registered nurse working for several oral surgeons and general dentists and I also own a private lactation consulting practice. We serve a large military and retiree population.

In my experience, DD is one of the best dental insurance products available. In the dental practices I work for, the doctors are preferred providers for DD but not for Tricare Medical. The paltry amount that Tricare allows for our services as a preferred provider does not even cover our overhead in many instances so we gave them da boot.

PM me if you need to.
CM, You ask for it, You got it..... :shock: :D
"You're never beaten until you admit it."

RS 1-86
Goog
Ranger

Post by Goog »

The problem with it up here is that the dentists overcharge for their services and it covers very little outside of regular checkups.
90-94 A co 3/75 RGR Regt (2plt/HQ/Wpns)
94-97 75th RGR Regt (Pre-RGR)
Graduated Ranger Class 2-92 "Merrills Marauder"
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

wellfed wrote:
66G_RN wrote:

PM me if you need to.
CM, You ask for it, You got it..... :shock: :D
I can see the need for Lactation Consulting for Rangers and their dental plans. Am I the only one? :shock:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
66G_RN
Vet/ Ranger Wife/ Sister

Post by 66G_RN »

I just spent 30 minutes of totally nonproductive time on the phone with the nimrods at TriCare trying to help a soldier's wife with getting her durable medical equipment reimbursed. I hate dealing with Tricare. It is one of the worst health insurance products out there.
Army Nurse Corps 89-98
66G_RN
Vet/ Ranger Wife/ Sister

Post by 66G_RN »

Abell9 wrote:I can see the need for Lactation Consulting for Rangers and their dental plans. Am I the only one? :shock:
...Ranger, I'm speechless...
Army Nurse Corps 89-98
JMK SF G-2
Tadpole

Post by JMK SF G-2 »

66G_RN wrote:I just spent 30 minutes of totally nonproductive time on the phone with the nimrods at TriCare trying to help a soldier's wife with getting her durable medical equipment reimbursed. I hate dealing with Tricare. It is one of the worst health insurance products out there.
Try to care? There's nothing wrong with them, as long as you don't get sick. :evil:
And God shall wipe away all the tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death. Neither sorrow, nor crying. Neither shall there be any more brain; for the former things are passed away. - Revelations
66G_RN
Vet/ Ranger Wife/ Sister

Post by 66G_RN »

JMK SF G-2 wrote:Try to care? There's nothing wrong with them, as long as you don't get sick. :evil:
It breaks my heart for the millions of people who depend on Tricare. This woman in particular had a c-section, giving birth to and nursing premature twins, no family support, E-3 husband is deployed to OEF and Tricare doesn't want to pay for necessary medical equipment that is covered under her plan.

I have to send a mountain of paperwork to document her need for the equipment. A prescription from her doctor and a superbill with the appropriate procedure and diagnosis codes is not enough. It's so stupid and such a waste of her time. Like she has nothing better to do. :evil:
Army Nurse Corps 89-98

Return to “Post Service Issues”