The Team

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

The Team

Post by Slowpoke »

All of the Rangers on this board know the meaning of TEAM. We are trying to convey that concept to you DEPS. Sometimes we are subtle and sometimes not. The TEAM concept is the most important thing you will ever learn, if you are to become Rangers. This is not an assignment, but I would like Importsrsloths to find out who SSG Laszlo Rabel was and what THE TEAM meant to him, and let us all know.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

I know you did not tell me to look up info on him, but I thought I should becuase I screwed my team over. The story of SSG Laszlo Rabel shows that he cared for his team(squad) more than he cared for himself, I can only hope I will turn out the same way before I ship in september.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Blacksrt4, congratz to you and the DEP'ers. Consider what happened to you as an experience. It may be similiar to freezing under fire. But a lot safer. Even if it was only a verbal assault. I know you will be stronger in the future. Teamwork is of the essence in aiding you towards success. One day you fall down and your team picks you up, another someone else falls and you pick him up. Your future looks bright. GLD
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Re: The Team

Post by ImportsRsloths »

Slowpoke wrote:I would like Importsrsloths to find out who SSG Laszlo Rabel was and what THE TEAM meant to him, and let us all know.
Ranger Rabel thought very highly of his comrades and gave everything he possibly could have to his team on November 13, 1968 in the Republic of Vietnam. He was leading the way in a fierce combat zone conducting reconnaissance of the enemies trail networks. Then out of nowhere, an enemy gook lobbed a grenade right into Ranger Rabel's team... Fearing for lives of his recon team, Ranger Rabel flung himself directly on top of the grenade thus recieving the full impact of the grenades explosion which helped to ensure that none of his comrades would lose their life as well. Ranger Rabel made the ultimate sacrifice for his team and should never be forgotten. :!:
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Thank you IRS. I hope you now understand the depth of feeling Team members have for each other.
By the way, this took place a year and a half after I left. Ranger Rabel's Team Delta (Team 4 when I was there) was the same Team I was on. Three of the first four Team Leaders of Team 4/Delta have been inducted into the Ranger Hall of Fame. I was taught the meaning of being a TEAM by the best, and I'm just trying to pass that on to you DEPs.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

Thanks for the help Ranger Slowpoke!! I think that you misunderstood my post in that other thread though. I 100% believe your team is only as strong as your weakest member. It was being said that all the DEPS were pretty much dumb f*** ups, which I dont think is true at all. ALMOST ALL of the stupid ass questions get asked by JROTC and "NEWT" members, which are NOT DEPS! Heres is a list of a bunch of option 40 DEPS, how many of them are asking idiot questions???

knightcat, snuffer19, Ray, dlp21, TypeA, MPC, JSanta, Haysmd03, stilwell475, Wierdert, Hemorrage, Ace, carboned114... etc

If I'm wrong, please smoke me!! :twisted:
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

One of them even had the balls to show up to a Master J workout session! Not bad, but you guys definitely were NOT the way you currently are the first day you showed up.

Time for you boys to do some recruiting as you get ready to depart. And how is it that BlackSkirt is not on the list again? Do pushups - all of you - there's a taste.

Yeah, yeah, you'll say he was included in the "etc..." Guess what - I don't care.

ALL OF YOU DEPS STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING - STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER - KNOCK OUT 25 and ONE FOR THE RANGER IN THE SKY.

You're RIP Cadre sure in the hell isn't going to want to listen to your 'explanation' and if you offer it in lieu of doing your pushups guess what - 'shits on' and your at the top of the list.
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

just did them Ranger Neves. Once I start training, keeping my mouth shut will be a top priority.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Here's a secret - If they hear ya, yer fucked. Yer fucked anyway but by keeping quiet they may go pick on the mouth. Your 2 cents is payday for them. They'll take yer 2 cents and make ya give a dollar. Sssssshhhh is safer. You'll learn.

RLTW
Bell
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Just to let you know we're not just slugs barking orders at you guys - I did mine this AM after posting that. It's called Leading by Example - something else you guys will need to learn plenty about.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

ImportsRsloths wrote:Thanks for the help Ranger Slowpoke!! I think that you misunderstood my post in that other thread though. I 100% believe your team is only as strong as your weakest member. It was being said that all the DEPS were pretty much dumb f*** ups, which I dont think is true at all. ALMOST ALL of the stupid ass questions get asked by JROTC and "NEWT" members, which are NOT DEPS! Heres is a list of a bunch of option 40 DEPS, how many of them are asking idiot questions???

knightcat, snuffer19, Ray, dlp21, TypeA, MPC, JSanta, Haysmd03, stilwell475, Wierdert, Hemorrage, Ace, carboned114... etc

If I'm wrong, please smoke me!! :twisted:
As Ranger Spartan pointed out, you DEPs have come a long way. We really do hope you make it all the way. As to "idiot questions", what Ranger Saltbitch was trying to point out is that you guys many times fail to utilize the resources available to you, resorting to asking questions instead of finding the information "of your own accord". Many of us served before the internet (some of us before computers) and would have loved to have the information available to us that you have, that's why we want you to use it. After you finish your pushups, take a deep breath and chill, no one was attacking you....this time.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn

Return to “The Mosh Pit”