pasgt vest

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
RgrPantel
Ranger

Post by RgrPantel »

No, Regimant does not use that. That is only designed to protect you from fragments, not bullets. R.B.A. (Ranger Body Armor) uses ceramic plates covered in kevlar to stop bullets. Usually only the main vest is used, so no, no neck protection.
2nd Bn 96-00 C Co. 2nd plt., class 4-99
We're here, we need to get there; kill everything in between.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Actually, we had something very similar to those when I was in. That is correct, they are only good for stoping fragmentation, such as hand grenades. They are worthless for small arms and very heavy. They're pretty good to sit on for long truck rides though and for good weight in your ruck for a road march.
RgrPantel
Ranger

Post by RgrPantel »

As I said: Ranger Body Armor. I can't make it any clearer. If you want to look at it, go to your copy of "Blackhawk Down" and look at the picture section. I don't know where to find it on the web, but why does it matter...you can't buy it.
2nd Bn 96-00 C Co. 2nd plt., class 4-99
We're here, we need to get there; kill everything in between.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

wainahtsman:

Is that you in the photo used for your avatar? That looks like a photo from some dudes in southern california who have a bunch of photos on their site with different uniforms, rifles and equipment in different situations, with quite a few taken in the desert, and just a few that look like they were taken in front of their house.
adambalhetchet
Egg

Post by adambalhetchet »

Ranger Body Armor:

ImageImage

http://www.special-warfare.net/data_bas ... or_01.html

What about the new SPEAR Ranger Armor?

ImageImage

Are these Rangers wearing the SPEAR Ranger Armor?

goarmy.com

Return to “Personal Gear”