? bout AIT

Basic & AIT
Frontline
Egg

? bout AIT

Post by Frontline »

What is AIT exactly i know its Advanced Individual Training ,but what do you do in it and what would some options be for a 11B MOS?
Frontline
Egg

Post by Frontline »

So does that mean when i select my MOS i pick 11x then the army puts me in 11b or 11c. I apologize if this is a dumb question
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

It's been asked/answered before, but here you go. You'll be assigned 11b or 11c as "needs of the Army". Chances are very good you'll be an 11bullet stopper.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Harris
Tadpole

Post by Harris »

it's better dumb questions are asked/answered here then somewhere further down the road.
Slip away.
(Badmuther's Bitch)
being held hostage in sandhill...
Frontline
Egg

Post by Frontline »

OK thanks for everyones input and help.
josh
Embryo

Post by josh »

<----- 11C Its fuckin awesome..
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

Im 11B and I wouldnt want to be 11C if I had a choice. The mortar team stays back behind the front line. Those tubes and rounds do not seem very light either.
It's Mind over Matter. If you don't Mind, it won't Matter.
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

ImportsRsloths wrote:Im 11B and I wouldnt want to be 11C if I had a choice. The mortar team stays back behind the front line. Those tubes and rounds do not seem very light either.
Then hope you never go on the gun team in a line platoon. Actually, I hope you do so you know what its like to really suck. The AG bag will become your new wife.
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
ParaPete
Embryo

Post by ParaPete »

I loved carrying the gun or being part of weapons squad. Its all I ever knew. I started out as an Ammo bearer, then moved up to AG, and then finally was the gunner. I would rather have a PIG any day then a little M-16 pop gun. :D
B Co. 2nd Platoon, 2/508 82nd Airborne from 1983-1985.
In 1986 door gunner 82nd CAB
Daniel_Boone
Paratrooper

Post by Daniel_Boone »

Ranger Deleon275 you are 100% on the mark with the AG scenario. Jumping and humping the AG ruck really brings out what intestinal fortitude is all about. I agree with you ParaPete that weapons squad was the squad to be in and as a 60 gunner, it was for the most part, the best time I had. As far as 11C goes, there was a calling for volunteers in my company for anyone who wanted to go to the mortar platoon on a temp assignment until they got more cherries in. I went ahead and volunteered and it was a good experience while I was in the platoon for a few months. Of course I got stuck with the baseplate, but in the long run the reality is that no matter what area you are in, there is no such thing as a light ruck, so for any newbies not in a unit yet, just be ready to deal with it. Happy 4th of July all.
C Co. 3/505 PIR 4/87-10/89
A Co. 1/82nd Avn Reg. 10/89-4/90
C Co. 3/505 PIR 4/90-6/92

"What are you, some kind of deviated prevert?"
Col "Bat" Guano
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

deleon275 wrote:
ImportsRsloths wrote:Im 11B and I wouldnt want to be 11C if I had a choice. The mortar team stays back behind the front line. Those tubes and rounds do not seem very light either.
Then hope you never go on the gun team in a line platoon. Actually, I hope you do so you know what its like to really suck. The AG bag will become your new wife.
Hell yeah! Nothing better than Weapons Squad. :wink:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99

Return to “About OSUT”