Reno Air Races

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Reno Air Races

Post by SkyShark »

Clicky

For those that have never been, this event is huge. If you have the chance to come out this year, you will want to come back every year.
It's all good.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Already do...it's a hoot.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
keepsmilin
Tadpole

Awesome..

Post by keepsmilin »

Thanks for the Info... I've caught some of this on the tube..
Would be a blast to go watch...

-KS
"Do not be too moral, you may cheat yourself out of much life. Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something."
~Henry David Thoreau
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

Getting closer.

Thunderbirds will be here this year. Hope some of you can make it out. It truly is a good time.

Ranger Abell9 first few rounds are on me. :D
It's all good.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

SkyShark wrote:Getting closer.

Thunderbirds will be here this year. Hope some of you can make it out. It truly is a good time.

Negative Red Rider....all round s are .......................on you!Look forward to it. PM me some of your phone stuff so I can call. Already have front row seats, pit passes, life is good.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

Thursday
Tadpole

Post by Thursday »

SkyShark wrote: Thunderbirds will be here this year. Hope some of you can make it out. It truly is a good time.
You almost would have missed them Paratrooper Skyshark. While doing the Air and Water show in Chicago, 2 Thunderbird pilots clipped wings and a bomb rack fell off into Lake Michigan, where they were grounded immediately. Luckily, they have been cleared to fly again.

I only got to catch about 45 minutes of the show while I was working, but I did get to see the A-10, and a refueling plane ( c-130? ). It was quite an awe inspiring thing to see the A-10 flying by and then feel the repport of the gattling gun firing blanks. I wish I could have seen the whole show.
Gordo173
Ranger

Post by Gordo173 »

Gentlemen, looks like I will be home on R&R for this one. My HH6 has already planned for us to be there (some kind of business deal she's got cooking) Hopeing to link up with you gents there. Keep me informed and we'll have a round together.
Wpns/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
1/1/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
C,HHC,D/3-6(INF)(Mech)
HHC/2-504 PIR
A/1-504 PIR
HHC/1-82(ABN)
Oopps almost forgot Class 4-84

"Always with the negative waves Moriarity!"
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

gordo173 wrote:Gentlemen, looks like I will be home on R&R for this one. My HH6 has already planned for us to be there (some kind of business deal she's got cooking) Hopeing to link up with you gents there. Keep me informed and we'll have a round together.
You betcha.
RS Class # 7-76

Cat
Tadpole

Post by Cat »

SkyShark wrote:Getting closer.

The Thunderbirds are awesome to see. I saw them at Bragg's open house before. Great show!
U.S. Army Signal Corps, 31M7A/31S
385th SigCo (FWD) Kuwait Jan 94- Dec 94
235th(67th) TACSAT Ft Gordon, GA. 95-97
--
Mainz-Kastel, Germany 98-00, AD Dept
Ft Bragg 00-02, AD Dept
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

gordo173 wrote:Gentlemen, looks like I will be home on R&R for this one. My HH6 has already planned for us to be there (some kind of business deal she's got cooking) Hopeing to link up with you gents there. Keep me informed and we'll have a round together.
You're on Ranger!
It's all good.
Gordo173
Ranger

Post by Gordo173 »

Got a specific date in mind, I will be in the Reno Sparks area around the 19th driving up from LA. Also any specific location or just go to the beer tent and look for 2 wild men drunk off their asses and molesting small farm animals!

:shock: :D
C,HHC,D/3-6(INF)(Mech)
HHC/2-504 PIR
A/1-504 PIR
HHC/1-82(ABN)

SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

gordo173 wrote:Got a specific date in mind, I will be in the Reno Sparks area around the 19th driving up from LA. Also any specific location or just go to the beer tent and look for 2 wild men drunk off their asses and molesting small farm animals!

:shock: :D
I am open for that. Actully Ranger Gordo are you going to be staying over night? We can go check out some night life as well. :twisted:

The Ranger Pastor I am sure will be up for it. :lol:
It's all good.
Gordo173
Ranger

Post by Gordo173 »

Yup will be staying over nite probably in Reno. HH6 is working the details on that one shoot me a PM either or both of you so I can get a number to contact you all. What day are you planning on being there and where should we plan Linkup Opns? Hot damn R&R!!
C,HHC,D/3-6(INF)(Mech)
HHC/2-504 PIR
A/1-504 PIR
HHC/1-82(ABN)

Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

gordo173 wrote:Yup will be staying over nite probably in Reno. HH6 is working the details on that one shoot me a PM either or both of you so I can get a number to contact you all. What day are you planning on being there and where should we plan Linkup Opns? Hot damn R&R!!
HEY FUCKER.....you're coming home and hanging out two hours from my house and I find out about it by accident? Scandalous old prick. You know I will be there to terrorize you. :lol:
Gordo173
Ranger

Post by Gordo173 »

Dude I thought you were still laid up sorry due to your sticking your finger somewhere it shouldnt have been! :?
You gonna be there too damn son this could turn in to quite a hoot, should I bring my daughter? Still got her up for sale, I mean she's still unattached! :twisted:
Hope to catch up with you bro I will call. :D
C,HHC,D/3-6(INF)(Mech)
HHC/2-504 PIR
A/1-504 PIR
HHC/1-82(ABN)

Return to “The Mosh Pit”