Fuck this! I'm gonna get the japo fixed!

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

Hey! It couldn't get any worse...........could it?
Not likely, you already paid for a Kia.
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry
Bell

Post by Bell »

Towedjmpr wrote:
Hey! It couldn't get any worse...........could it?
Not likely, you already paid for a Kia.
Twice...now.

RLTW
Bell
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Re: Fuck this! I'm gonna get the japo fixed!

Post by SkyShark »

SSG Rock wrote:Well, I've decided to pay to have the fucking KIA fixed. Dealer says he can do it for about $3,700 with a one year warranty on all parts and labor, plus I can buy and extended warranty. I had the dealer pull out the maintenance file for my wife's car, he says its been well cared for. I figure I'll go ahead and pay the repairs rather than take on another car payment, especially since I just bought some acreage out in the country. What the hell? She broke it, I'm gonna make her keep it! The only thing I'm worried about is the transmission in the future, but the mechanics say that they never get KIAs coming in with tranny problems, so, I'm gonna roll the dice. Hey! It couldn't get any worse...........could it?
Make sure the dealer uses a condem.
It's all good.
RTO
BANNED

Re: Fuck this! I'm gonna get the japo fixed!

Post by RTO »

SkyShark wrote:
SSG Rock wrote:Well, I've decided to pay to have the fucking KIA fixed. Dealer says he can do it for about $3,700 with a one year warranty on all parts and labor, plus I can buy and extended warranty. I had the dealer pull out the maintenance file for my wife's car, he says its been well cared for. I figure I'll go ahead and pay the repairs rather than take on another car payment, especially since I just bought some acreage out in the country. What the hell? She broke it, I'm gonna make her keep it! The only thing I'm worried about is the transmission in the future, but the mechanics say that they never get KIAs coming in with tranny problems, so, I'm gonna roll the dice. Hey! It couldn't get any worse...........could it?
Make sure the dealer uses a condem.
and bring some KY jelly if the condom isn't already pre-lubed.
eltrane
Tadpole

Post by eltrane »

SSG Rock, are you able to get a second quote from another mechanic? $3700 for a new engine installed seems pretty steep.
RIP SSG Greg Gourley KIA Hawija 22 Feb 06

11b pig gunner 2/2 inf 84-86, TL 2/87 inf, 5/8 inf, 86-88
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

KIA is not a japo car. It is Korean.

I thought their transmissions and engines were warranted by Hundai for ten years or 100K miles.

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Steadfast wrote:KIA is not a japo car. It is Korean.

I thought their transmissions and engines were warranted by Hundai for ten years or 100K miles.

Worth checking into, Rock.

Hell, it couldn't get any worse than the fucking you've already received.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
keepsmilin
Tadpole

I'd Can her Ass

Post by keepsmilin »

$3700 to fix the ole bitch up :?:

Just How Many Rides does she really have left in er? :?

You'd better seriously consider canning the ole bitch and get a new one...
:twisted:

~Smilin
"Do not be too moral, you may cheat yourself out of much life. Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something."
~Henry David Thoreau
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

I wouldn't trust anything made in Korea except for imitation Nikes with my name on the back.

Is the car even worth $3700? I would use that cash to get something else. There's a 1990 BMW E30 Cabriolet for $4K at a used car lot down the street from me. That Kraut convertible has already outlasted the kia, and is probably much more reliable

Why don't you get her a hybrid, since oil is $60 a barrel now?
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:I wouldn't trust anything made in Korea except for imitation Nikes with my name on the back.

Is the car even worth $3700? I would use that cash to get something else. There's a 1990 BMW E30 Cabriolet for $4K at a used car lot down the street from me. That Kraut convertible has already outlasted the kia, and is probably much more reliable

Why don't you get her a hybrid, since oil is $60 a barrel now?
I agree with AC, I'd seriously consider dumpin it for parts and using that with the money the salvage place would give you to buy her a decent used vehicle. But, you're in one of those tough spots because you never know what's up with a used car/truck even if you get it pre-inspected.

Hopefully they'll be able to figure out what was wrong with when the coolant blew out and then you'll be able to save a nickel. Good luck bro.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Re: From the Office of The Resident Leg.....

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

SSG Rock wrote:Rosie (my wife actually named her car) only has 60,000 miles, and we just had a pretty expensive 60,000 mile service done just before we had the engine problem. Had a long talk with the chief mechanic at the KIA/Jeep Dealership in Kansas City. He seems to feel bad for us because this was kind of a freak accident. The engine could be covered under warranty (thanks for reminding me) if we can just find out why the coolant blew out. So, I got my fingers crossed there. Regardless, I'm going to roll the dice and fix it rather than buy another car.
My car's name is Lucy, the Ragged-out Whore; she's a '97 VW Jetta. She also dumped all her coolant while going to see the RedSox in Tampa. She limped back home, and has been sitting in the driveway for 2 months now. I purchased parts, but have been too lazy to install them. Instead, I have my wife drop me off at work. Lucy has spiderwebs going from the ground to the tires.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto

Return to “The Mosh Pit”