R.I.P. leave

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

LastHardSapper wrote:My post probably wasn't clear and maybe one of the former RIP cadre can clarify. Im think the block leave is a once or twice a year event. My son was just "lucky" enough to be there when it occured.

That is probably the case.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Willy

Post by Willy »

It really boils down to what is going on at the time. For example If my memory serves me right.
After BCT-No leave straight to Medic School at Fort Houston
After Medic School at Houston- No leave straight to Bragg Ops
Medic training. Back to Benning for Airborne- 1 week leave
Then Rip - 1 week leave after rip. Then RS,after RS no leave
He was deployed the next day after RS grad. After being
deployed. One week leave. Back to Benning for NCO school
After NCO School . Jumpmaster School. I guess he is finished
with school for now. So he is home most weekends. Inless he
has to stay within a few of the base.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: R.I.P. leave

Post by Steadfast »

madsmarty wrote:Does anyone know if RIP holdover is getting a leave anytime soon?
I heard they may be taking a 2 week leave around July 2nd.
I think you should stop worry about your son getting leave and hobbling around on his injured leg and going home and possibly injuring his foot some more.

He needs this time to heal 100%, and you mom should take responsiblity making sure he heals. If he heals short of 100% his chances of passing can deminish since everything he will be doing will tax his physical well being. If he fails this course, his chance to become a Ranger is going to be over.

If you really want the best for your son back off and let him heal. Listen to LastHardSapper and what he said about leave. He speaks from knowledge and experience. Down the road hopefully after he passes and gets time off it will be valuable to have time off to take and not used up just for going home for the 4th of Jul for two weeks.

I'm done here.

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
madsmarty
Embryo

Post by madsmarty »

My son is down at Benning with an injury. He is getting through, frustrated at the injury but getting through it with a lot of will. I am home and curious about his goings on. I don't speak to him about his leave. I am the only one curious. Curious about a lot of things I don't know of that he is doing. I am not going to bother him getting answers to my questions. That is why I came onto this forum as to not bother him. This is all important to him and I would never be a "mommy" and do that to him. But being the mom regardless I will do my homework and hopefully get some of my questions answered. I appreciate the help and insight for I am sure you have seen it all being a Ranger and I respect that.
thanks

Return to “About RASP”