Cold Weather Training

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

JSanta
Embryo

Cold Weather Training

Post by JSanta »

Now that it is snowing here in NY, I was wondering if you guys could recommend any other PT that could be done in cold weather. If I make it into Battalion, I know that a little snow on the ground don't mean shit.
Thanks.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

All I can tell you is keep doing what you're doing and really stay hydrated. It takes your body more water to stay warm than it does to stay cool. And you might want to wear a baby's sock on you dick so you don't get frostbite. :shock:
JSanta
Embryo

Post by JSanta »

Thanks Ranger Saltbitch. But I think that the baby sock might be too big.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Geez, dude; that's what 100 MPH tape is for. :roll:
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Or maybe just a little self-confidence

Do lots of running through the snow you got up there =D Keep them knees high!
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
USA1
Ranger

Post by USA1 »

I live in down state NY, I've been running every day on the track even though it's been below freezing out. The snow fucks everything up and I have to run on a tredmill which fucking sucks. It's either that or dodge cars on the road when I run at night. I don't know how it's going to be when I ship down to Georgia after running in below freezing temperature for the last few months. Keep up the PT.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Ever hear of cross country skiing ? Rangers don't like those goofy fucking snow shoes. Practice were it is mixed terrain(hills, trees, brush,etc.)
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

USA1 wrote: I don't know how it's going to be when I ship down to Georgia after running in below freezing temperature for the last few months.
It's like running and trying to breath water at the same time. You might want to move your treadmill into your bathroom, close the door, turn on the shower (hot only), then start running. Maybe move one of those space heaters in there, also.

On second thought, you might become a heat casualty, slip off the treadmill, hit your head, knock the space heater into the tub, and electricute yourself.

Or, the steam might short out the space heater, start a fire, you wouldn't notice because you're running with headphones on, be overcome by the smoke, fall, hit your head on the sink, and burn up.

It's a toss-up, really.
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Or, you could just get one of those great big oversized freezer bags. Punch three pin holes in it, put it over your melon, seal it up around your neck, hop on your treadmill in the bathroom / sauna, and go. Just make it where you can get it off quickly when you need to puke, so you don't drown in your own vomit.

That's what it is like running in GA.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96

Return to “The Mosh Pit”