Is this possible

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

Airborne School is at Benning and so is Ranger school. Basic for infantry is at Benning. No way you can avoid Benning.

Ranger2
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

I knew a guy who went to Ranger school in 3 months. You can deploy the day you arrive. Yes it is all possible but the time it takes to go to Ranger school makes it harder, and I mean actually attending the school.

John
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

It's "Possible" but not probable!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

Wazzle, just curious....did you run across someone that pulled all that off?
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
Willy

Post by Willy »

My son was pretty close to 11 mths. I think it was about 12mths. He went medic school at fort sam houston and at bragg. Then airborne,rip, ranger school at benning. The next day after ranger school he was deployed.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Rangerdad3/75 wrote:My son was pretty close to 11 mths. I think it was about 12mths. He went medic school at fort sam houston and at bragg. Then airborne,rip, ranger school at benning. The next day after ranger school he was deployed.
:lol: now that's what I call "High Speed Training"
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Willy

Post by Willy »

After BCT he went to fort sam houston from the 75th non tabbed. When he finished at Bragg he went back to 3/75. Got his tab and was deployed the following day. I don't know what he had in his contract exactly but they didn't screw him as far as the schools he wanted to go to. All I remember exactly is he was always in school one after the other. Then right after the RS gradaution ceremony. The 1st sergeant, I was standing there too, walk up to him and said(I tried to get you some time off but I couldn't you ship out tomorrow). Because of OPSEC I can't not tell the rest of the story.

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”