1000 pushup club

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Bell wrote:
SkyShark wrote:
Spartan wrote: Stay tuned for the webcast. :lol:
The push ups will never happen. I am pretty confident on that. :wink:
Pretty confident? BWAAAaahhahhahahahahaaaa...oh shit...hahhahahahahaaaaahhahahaa.

This is gonna be good.

RLTW
Bell
I can't wait to see this. Even though I think the little bastard is trying to bullshit us.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Lost Thing
Tadpole

Post by Lost Thing »

1,000 pu's in 3hrs 13min
Herdo
Embryo

hmm.

Post by Herdo »

Hello all Rangers. I am 6'0 and I way about 130, most of which is muscle mass. I think I might try this. I do about 200-250 pu's a night in about 5 min. No problem at all. I am pretty sure 1000 would be fairly simple. I think this is due to my low weight, I have almost NO weight virtually to push up, so pu's have always been extremely easy for me. Which is also why I think the skinnier guys have LESS troubles in training. Ok, thanks for your time.

Andy
Only The Fallen Can Show You How To Stand,
Learn From Experience.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Re: hmm.

Post by The Holmchicken »

Herdo wrote:Hello all Rangers. I am 6'0 and I way about 130, most of which is muscle mass. I think I might try this. I do about 200-250 pu's a night in about 5 min. No problem at all. I am pretty sure 1000 would be fairly simple. I think this is due to my low weight, I have almost NO weight virtually to push up, so pu's have always been extremely easy for me. Which is also why I think the skinnier guys have LESS troubles in training. Ok, thanks for your time.

Andy
Six foot and 130 pounds? Your pure bone, Skeletor. 200-250 push ups in 5 minutes? I call bullshit. You're either doing the I'm-a-worm-fucking-the-floor push-up or your not exactly forth coming on the real number. I would 400 in 20 minutes, doing 20 push-ups a minute for 20 minutes straight. I would do over 100 CORRECT push-ups in two minutes on my PT test and knock out 12-15 palms out pull-ups after the test. No way was I doing 250 push-ups in five minutes. I find very hard to belive that you could knock out 250 correct push-ups in five minutes. Bullshit, pure and simple.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
RiserBurn
Ranger

Re: hmm.

Post by RiserBurn »

Herdo wrote:Hello all Rangers. I am 6'0 and I way about 130, most of which is muscle mass. I think I might try this. I do about 200-250 pu's a night in about 5 min. No problem at all. I am pretty sure 1000 would be fairly simple. I think this is due to my low weight, I have almost NO weight virtually to push up, so pu's have always been extremely easy for me. Which is also why I think the skinnier guys have LESS troubles in training. Ok, thanks for your time.

Andy
Quit telling us about how simple you say it is, and fucking do it then.
1-503 INF (AASLT)
2-504 PIR
2-503 INF (ABN)
RS 11-01
Herdo
Embryo

correct pushups

Post by Herdo »

Rangers Riserburn and Holmchicken, I do correct push ups if a correct pu is when your arm goes comletly horizontal and the inner area of your arm creates a 90 degree angle. I will do some pushups correctly and re post how many i can do in 5 min. Ill get right on that Rangers.

Andy
Learn From Experience.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Back straight, arms bent so that your shoulders create a generally straight line when in the down position, lock elbows out at the top, body must rise and fall as one unit.
2/75 97-00

75th RRA
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Back straight, arms bent so that your shoulders create a generally straight line when in the down position, lock elbows out at the top, body must rise and fall as one unit.
2/75 97-00

75th RRA
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Back straight, arms bent so that your shoulders create a generally straight line when in the down position, lock elbows out at the top, body must rise and fall as one unit. Feet no further than 12 inches apart.
2/75 97-00

75th RRA
Herdo
Embryo

Post by Herdo »

Ranger Riserburn and Holmchicken I got down 195 in 5 min. I havent been duing pu's everynight for about a week so if I keep working out every night I should get 220-250 maybe. 200 pu's in 5 min is not a big deal. I am going to work out the rest of the week till Im back up to par and on sunday I will try the for the 1000. I will report back with my accomplishments ASAP. Thanks for the proper pu's method Ranger Holmchicken. Much appericiated.

Andy
Learn From Experience.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

schwick wrote:1000 in 1 hour 50 minutes

did 200 in first 10 minutes then did sets up 50 till i couldnt then did 40's then 3 sets of 30 it was a good go

Schwick, Your 1st post on armyranger.com was to be your introduction. Don't post again unless it is your intro.

Familarize yourself with the FAQ's for your benefit before you make another post > http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1837

then post your intro - Well, what are you waiting for?

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

schwick wrote:1000 in 1 hour 50 minutes

did 200 in first 10 minutes then did sets up 50 till i couldnt then did 40's then 3 sets of 30 it was a good go
Way to go Schmuck! :roll:
It's all good.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

You guys are SO tough.......... :roll:

Smell that essence coming thru the computer? It's called sarcasm.
2/75 97-00

75th RRA

Return to “About Army Physical Training”