RIP questions

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Mangino2424
Egg

RIP questions

Post by Mangino2424 »

Iam shipping in july as a 91w. all i got on my contract was 91w (medic) training and Intent for Special Forces. I got that crap cause i couldn't get Airborne or RIP. is it going to be possible to get Airborne and RIP once i get in? I tried to make my point at MEPS but i guess i didn't intimidate the guy. Iam in ok shape but not RIP shape yet. Will i get into great shape while going through Airborne and working out more in AIT? do all you guys have RIP in your contract? Does anyone know for sure what "intent for special forces" will do for me?
DEP
wannabehooah

Post by wannabehooah »

Holy shit, exact same situation here. Same MOS with SF intent. SF intent means a SF recruiter comes to see you as soon as you make E-4(at least thats how it was explained to me). I don't know if you follow the 18x path after that or if you just go to SFAS (if someone could clear that up it would be much appreciated). I think I'm just going to stick on the SF road instead of waiting for a shot at RIP. Basic and airborne will not get you into good enough shape for SFAS or RIP. Lots and lots of push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, flutter kicks, running, and some weight lifting is what I'm doing. Even if you don't think you're quite ready before you go to basic remember you've got 17 weeks of AIT to get in shape after that.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

You need to start conditioning your body now. Don't wait for Basic....it's such a cakewalk, you'll rarely break a sweat. What I did at Basic/AIT (OSUT in my case), was at the end of the day, I worked out in our weight room. I lifted every other day, but did situps, etc every night. I also talked one of the drill sgt.s into letting me run each night with him. I'm sure this was probably not 'Kosher,' but we did it. That gave me the chance to put in an extra 4-5 miles every day. By the time Jump School rolled around (another cakewalk), I was in good shape. RIP is going to kick your ass no matter how tough you are, especially in the summer months. It's not impossibly hard, but it's a butt-kicker. There was a very high number of guys who required IV's after the LandNav Course. Remember, though, that it's 95% mental...if you really want it bad enough, it's yours for the taking. Good luck.
RLTW
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”