Forearm Pain...

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Forearm Pain...

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

I get pains in both of my forearms, on the outside, and they feel kind of like shin splints, except in my arms. It gets more painful when I set weights down (ie after finishing a set when working out). It's nothing I can't tolerate at the moment, but I just don't want it to develop into something that could affect me later on. Thank you for your help.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

That sounds like the pain I have when my Carpul Tunnel is acting up. What I did was went to Right Aid and picked up a couple wrist braces. I wore thoe for about a couple weeks except when sleeping and it helped a great deal. I still have to wear them every now and then but not all the time. Try the braces and see what they do for you. It may take a couple weeks though. Good Luck
It's all good.
HarleyRider
Paratrooper

Post by HarleyRider »

Try buying a pair of wrist straps that you slip onto your wrist. Then you go ahead and wrap the tail around the dumbell or bar. It will take the pressure off of your forearms. The forearm muscle, along with the calves, have two of the densest muscles in the human body. If you continue to strain them, it is going to take longer to heal.

Try somethng along the lines of this

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gl/neopad.html
101st 96-98
25th 98-00
173rd 00-03
JRTC 2003-Mar 06
On orders back to 173rd
fireranger
Ranger

Post by fireranger »

Quit masterbating so much.
3 rd. Plt. C Co. 2/75 1993-1997, RS 10-94 (Navigators)

But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

Take it easy. You have the rest of your life to get all "Arnol'd" up.
If it hurts in an unnatural manner now, and you keep pushing it the pain will be on a supernatural level and possibly permanent.

Vitamin "S" - Steroids - is not an option.

#1 rest

#2 ice

#3 compression

#4 elevation

RICE

Return to “Medical Issues”