marine-ranger

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
glenn

marine-ranger

Post by glenn »

i was wondering why some recon marines go to ranger school? what does the ranger school teach them?
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

You have got to be kidding?
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

No-no, he's serious. It would be great for the Recon-Ranger to drop in here and perhaps say what he learned from Ranger School that he did not already know as serving in Force Recon. Back to the Basics here.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Vote to ban......or at least torture to tears. Another dumbass posting in the wrong section; 'Personal Gear'? Come on now, numbnuts....that's not even CLOSE.
glenn

the "real men" rangers

Post by glenn »

i'm new to this site and maybe i did post my message in the wrong place but, it was an honest question. i was not being an asshole or a smart ass i was wondering what the ranger school taught someone who has already made it to a spec. ops unit. and i'm willing to bet that anyone who posts an asshole remark to this or any other honest question probably would not reply like that to a marine if he were face to face with you. or anyone else in any branch. especially a force marine. also if you don't atleast try to anwser the questions that are asked honestly, then i'm thinking that before long your all going to be talking to eachother because noone will want to ask a question when all they'll get is put down because maybe they don't know as much about the subject as you might. all i wanted was a reasonable response to my question. i was not rude but, i can see that that may be your only way to let out the fact that some of you can't cut it in the military and are jealousy of us who can. and for those randers who posted to my question negatively i hope i never have to serve with any of you. i know much nicer and mutual respecting soilders than yourselves.

thank you all and have a wonderful day.
glenn

marine

Post by glenn »

one more thing.
i have not gone to ranger school yet. i know that some marines do and, wanted to know not only what the school teaches them but, all who go. and this is not a sarcastic remark....i do not know what they learn. and want to know before i decide to go.

thank you
have a nice day
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

Just by your reply you still don't understand do you. Ranger school is just a school. Rangers go there after about a year in Batt. So why should they go after serving a year in a Special Ops unit? It is about training which you are always doing in the military and just getting better at what you do. If you don't understand that then you are really in bad shape. I have never heard of a Ranger going through Marine Recon training but I have heard of Recon going through Ranger school. Does that tell you anything?

Training is what keeps you alive. That is what any school is doing. Teaching and learning more is important in any occupation. Only more so when people are trying to kill you. So another school can only help Marines or anyone else become a better soldier or Special Ops soldier. That is why they come to Ranger school. That is why soldiers from the 75th and all the other infantry units go there. To become better soldiers.

Ranger school does not teach any special ops. It is a basic infantry school that teaches leadership. So if anyone thinks that Ranger school is going to improve your special ops skills, you don't even do them there. It is basic infantry stuff and leaderships skills.

I was able to go to many schools, some special op orientated some not but they all made me a better soldier.

Ranger2
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

I think Glenn may be egging us on. Tell us who you really are Glenn

Ranger2
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

**Topic moved to appropriate Forum**
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Hey glenny, check this out...
You want to talk about unprofessional behavior, do you? Tell me this, glenny, what is it that YOU are a professional at? You don't rate jackshit on this board; and your arguments don't hold water. I don't recall any of the Rangers on this board INVITING you to post anything here at all. In fact, last time I checked this is a site FOR Rangers, BY Rangers. If you can't stand the heat, don't come to the bonfire, bitch.

As far as all the 'serious questions' that get asked here, 99.9% of them can be answered elsewhere; say the ACTUAL RANGER SCHOOL SITE. This is a place for Rangers and veterans to hang out, swap stories, and enjoy the brotherhood of a truly professional unit.

You go ahead and stick to whatever tampon-wearin' "soldiers" you supposedly know; you are a little too 'thin-skinned' to march with warriors. You would be fortunate to NEVER cross paths with me in real life, so don't fantasize about it anymore.

Your questions are not only ignorant, they are ill-formed and poorly represented by your novice use of the English language. Don't get me wrong; a large vocabulary doesn't make someone intelligent. However, being able to communicate effectively is a MUST in the world of 'professionals'; of any vocation. Utilizing the 'spell check' function is a must for all fourth-graders. Please respect the literacy requirements for this board, or you will suffer the consequences. If you don't get what I am saying to you, then I will continue to explain; in terms that we can all understand.
glenn

gelnn

Post by glenn »

i'l leave it at this....all i wanted was to ask a simple question and thought i would get an anwser in the same way. guess not... you fellas can keep your site all to your self i have better things to do with my time than to argue with anyone. if i disrespected anyone sorry. that was not my intent but, i can see that it was clearly your idea to do just that. as for my profession i'm a tanker. so all you gents have a great time talkin' about them campfire tales.
thank you and good night.

"if the army and navy ever look on heaven's scenes, they will find the streets are guarded by United States MARINES."

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”