ears

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
muddy
Embryo

ears

Post by muddy »

The other day several others and I were playing football out in a feild. I was running, got tackled, and the back of my head, just behind my left ear, landed on a rock. I instantly couldn't hear out of my ear, and there was an enormous amount of pressure difference between the right and left side of my head. Whenever i tried to pop my ears, my right ear would pop, and in the left ear, I could just hear the air going through it. This was about 5 days ago or so. Now the pressure is fine, but still whenever I try to pop my ears, my right is the same as always, and in the left I can just hear air blowing through it.

The important question of all this being, is this something that could prevent me from passing an airborne physical?
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: ears

Post by Earthpig »

muddy wrote:The other day several others and I were playing football out in a feild. I was running, got tackled, and the back of my head, just behind my left ear, landed on a rock. I instantly couldn't hear out of my ear, and there was an enormous amount of pressure difference between the right and left side of my head. Whenever i tried to pop my ears, my right ear would pop, and in the left ear, I could just hear the air going through it. This was about 5 days ago or so. Now the pressure is fine, but still whenever I try to pop my ears, my right is the same as always, and in the left I can just hear air blowing through it.

The important question of all this being, is this something that could prevent me from passing an airborne physical?
Dude, you ruptured your eardrum. GO TO A DOCTOR. If you fail the hearing test, you won't get to Battalion. I know....I failed it 3 times. The 4th time, I cheated my ass off. It worked. I didn't have a ruptured eardrum, though.....I had hearing damage from shooting firearms for years with no protection. You need to get it checked out before it gets to a point where they can't repair it.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
muddy
Embryo

Post by muddy »

Thanks Ranger EarthPig, although that isn't anything really wanted to hear. I have an appointment with a doctor in about an hour, hopefully nothing is too fucked up. I'll post a sitrep after i get back.
Parabellum
Ranger

Re: ears

Post by Parabellum »

muddy wrote:The other day several others and I were playing football out in a feild. I was running, got tackled, and the back of my head, just behind my left ear, landed on a rock. I instantly couldn't hear out of my ear, and there was an enormous amount of pressure difference between the right and left side of my head. Whenever i tried to pop my ears, my right ear would pop, and in the left ear, I could just hear the air going through it. This was about 5 days ago or so. Now the pressure is fine, but still whenever I try to pop my ears, my right is the same as always, and in the left I can just hear air blowing through it.

Yes it will prevent you from passing an Airborne physical.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
muddy
Embryo

Post by muddy »

Thanks for telling me to go to the doctor Ranger EarthPig. She said I have a tiny hole in there. She asked me about 20 other questions about if I've been having problems with other things and my answer to those was no so i guess thats good thats I'm not really fucked up. She prescribed me some steroids and some other stuff to help it heal and some panmist?? i think to keep pressure out of my ears because if I try to pop them the air going through my ear with the hole in it could make the hole bigger. According to the doctor it should heal up in a couple of weeks, but there's a chance that it won't heal. I'm hopin for the best.
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

PM inbound

Return to “Medical Issues”