Scuba in Ranger School.

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Scuba in Ranger School.

Post by SkyShark »

Okay, last night had a plumber come over to the house to work on my shower. Before he went up stairs he saw some "I love me shit" on the walls of my living room. While he was working in the shower he says, So you are Airborne huh? I said yes, He then states, Yeah my brother was going through Ranger School but failed because he is clausterphobic (sp) and couldn't pass scuba. I said You don't need scuba to graduate Ranger school, he said well they changed things because you used to, This was before your time.

Has Scuba ever been a requirement in Ranger School. I don't think so, I just wanted confirmation. Thanx.
It's all good.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Fuck no, in fact they changed a portion of the Rangers in Action demo in the early 80's that showed a Ranger in scuba gear because it was not part of the curriculum.
How the fuck do you keep meeting these assholes?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

I am a certified SHIT MAGNET!! :wink:

Also, in my state they have different types of Veteran Plates for vehicles. On mine it has the Army crest as well as a pair of Jump Wings. It brings a lot of people to my car, at stop lights and what not. People are always saying Hey I saw your plates, you know my so and so was in the military. Gets old.

The best one ever was I was at a stop ligh and this guy next to me rolls down his window and says, "hey you Airborne?' I said yes, he replies my cousin was Airborne, his name was Mike do you know him?" I said oh yeah Mike, I knew him he had short hair ad wore a green uniform right?' He said yeah. I said well when you see him tell him Jim says hi. He said cool I will, the light turned green and we drove off. I laughed for 30 minutes after that.

Again, I am a shit magnet. :roll:
Last edited by SkyShark on April 21st, 2005, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's all good.
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Re: Scuba in Ranger School.

Post by centermass »

SkyShark wrote: I said You don't need scuba to graduate Ranger school, he said well they changed things because you used to, This was before your time.

Has Scuba ever been a requirement in Ranger School. I don't think so, I just wanted confirmation. Thanx.
As a matter of fact, Jacques Cousteau use to be the PI on the Mermaid Team when it was.

After his death, they had a hard time trying to find anyone that could submerge and suck air in through a straw.

Eventually, Marvel Comics gave Aqua Man his release. Once he submitted his 4187 for the job, the rest is history.

:lol:

Where in the fuck is that sumbitch who's fucking with my profile.......
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
gpatmac
Ranger

Re: Scuba in Ranger School.

Post by gpatmac »

centermass wrote:Where in the fuck is that sumbitch who's fucking with my profile.......
Ha ha ha.

Hey, have y'all forgotten about the snorkelling sniper phase. That's when the phase would begin after the Rangers would HALO in off of a high-altitude balloon, and then cutaway just above the water's surface, pull the snorkel, goggles, and Browning .50 cal out of your m1950....

;)

That was back when Hackworth went through.:D
4-17IN, 7th ID(L) - 1987-1991;2/327IN, 101st ID - 1997-2001; 2-5IN, 25th ID(L) - 2000-2004
Ranger Class 3/97,4/97,5/97(Grad)
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

What a fucking idiot....
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

There were times when crossing the Yellow River and the rope bridge had gone slack that I wished I had Scuba gear. But your plumber...he's putz.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

This is great. He just called me to set up a time for this afternoon thatheis going to come over and finish the job. I'll bust his brothers bubble then. :twisted:
It's all good.
Bell

Post by Bell »

How the hell did I miss Scuba? I musta really been zombied out. Which phase was it? Florida? Damn...I missed it.

RLTW
Bell
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

That's nuthin. I've got a Special Forces Hand to Hand instructor turned bounty hunter that lives on one side of me and another guy on the other side who claims to have been a paratrooper. :lol:
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

Spartan wrote:That's nuthin. I've got a Special Forces Hand to Hand instructor turned bounty hunter that lives on one side of me and another guy on the other side who claims to have been a paratrooper. :lol:
Bite me :twisted:
It's all good.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

I bet that SF guy can spin a few good yarns if you give him the time. :roll:
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

hit_it wrote:I bet that SF guy can spin a few good yarns if you give him the time. :roll:
Word on the street is that Spartan's Paratrooper is a bad man! :shock:
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Silverback wrote:
hit_it wrote:I bet that SF guy can spin a few good yarns if you give him the time. :roll:
He's a ... well, he's a good neighbor and friend. :twisted:

But that SF Hand to Hand Instructor turned Bounty Hunter is a jackass wannabee. Failed RIP and SFAS. Talks like a wannabee LEO.
fireranger
Ranger

Post by fireranger »

Spartan wrote:
Silverback wrote:
He's a ... well, he's a good neighbor and friend. :twisted:

But that SF Hand to Hand Instructor turned Bounty Hunter is a jackass wannabee. Failed RIP and SFAS. Talks like a wannabee LEO.
BM? :D
3 rd. Plt. C Co. 2/75 1993-1997, RS 10-94 (Navigators)

But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”