Officers in Ranger School?

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
mdcbasketball22
Egg

Officers in Ranger School?

Post by mdcbasketball22 »

Hello.
I've been reading a lot on these forums and I am still confused on how/if an officer in the Army can get into Ranger school and how the whole process works for officers. Everywhere that I read it says that the best way is to go in as an enlisted, and then later go to OCS, however for me, that is not an option anymore. I have wanted to go to law school and then maybe become a JAG, but I've read here that they do not let lawyers or doctors into Ranger school. I have also read that the way to get into Ranger school as an officer is to be in infantry, and then a platoon leader and you must reach the rank of first lieutenant before the option of Ranger school is even applicable. I just wanted some feedback on getting into Ranger school as an officer commsioning in probably 2008, and I'm just real confused and ignorant on a lot of the terminology that I have read in the forums and just want to clear up as much confusion as I can for me. Thank you.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

If you want to be a lawyer why do you need a Ranger tab?
Keep reading the forums,bonehead.
Your answers are in there, including non-combat arms attendance at RS.
Read more post less.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Judging by your post and my personal knowledge of what information is available here, I have come to two conclusions:

A) You have a reading comprehension problem. There is help available for this.

B) You are not telling us the truth about having done your research. There is no help for lying.

You might want to be careful before answering because you answer will have consequences.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

There are no Officers in Ranger School...they are not allowed.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
SunDevilWrestler
Ranger

Post by SunDevilWrestler »

Maybe your illiterate and lacking the proper motivation to read FAQs and follow SOP. Around here, we call it the SEARCH Button.

You have to come to realize that around here, unless you have been-there, done-that......you ain't shit! The only way to obtain 0.1% respect on this block is to do what is expected of you.

With that said, if you need someone to remove your head from your ass or kick it farther in, let me know.

If not.....SHUT THE FUCK UP and READ!
Stay Hard, Crush the Weak.

Whatever It Takes
Never Quit. Never Give In. Never Back Down.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

:lol:

BARK BARK BARK BARK!!!

ATTACK!!
RSD 96-99
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

HOly Shit, Hate...you get that boy rabies vaccinations?
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
mdcbasketball22
Egg

Post by mdcbasketball22 »

Wow....I'm sorry for being ignorant. I was expecting more helpful information rather than being ridiculed for a question that I asked. I am sincerely sorry for offending anyone here, I had no intentions of doing so. I will remove myself from this site since it is apparent to me that you can't get answers here, only get treated like crap for asking questions which to most may be stupid, but I don't believe their is ever a stupid question. Thank you for your time. And again, I apologize for any thing that I did to offend anyone.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Hey sundevil......take notes :D
RSD 96-99
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Vee wrote:Hey sundevil......take notes :D
Fuck, I'm taking notes! :D
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
GoardHeart
Ranger

Post by GoardHeart »

What a dolt. I hope he quits ROTC too. It's pieces of shit like him that make me want to throat punch myself when I realize that he and I are sometimes lumped together when people make generalizations about ROTC cadets or junior officers. Which most of the time are true, but still no excuse for idiocy like that. I'll push for him. :twisted:
RS 05-07
1st ID 1-26 IN 9/07-09/09
3d U.S. Inf Regt 10/09-Present

OEF IX - Korengal Valley
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

mdcbasketball22 wrote:Wow....I'm sorry for being ignorant. I was expecting more helpful information rather than being ridiculed for a question that I asked. I am sincerely sorry for offending anyone here, I had no intentions of doing so. I will remove myself from this site since it is apparent to me that you can't get answers here, only get treated like crap for asking questions which to most may be stupid, but I don't believe their is ever a stupid question. Thank you for your time. And again, I apologize for any thing that I did to offend anyone.

Oh were you offended ?

Maybe Ranger school isnt the path for you.

Or maybe you can just fuck off.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”