Question on DEP physical preparedness

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Canis Lupis
Embryo

Question on DEP physical preparedness

Post by Canis Lupis »

Rangers I apologize ahead of time if this is in the wrong section, but it seemed like the most appropriate place to put it. If someone else has asked a similar question that I overlooked with the search button feel free to verbally bitchslap me and tell me to find it. :)

Currently I have not gone to MEPS yet, however I'm talking to recruiters and will be doing so shortly. Judging from what I've read here I'm probably looking at at least 2-3 months from the time I go to MEPS until I ship.
My question is in your honest opinions would those 2-3 months, coupled with OSUT & ABN be enough time to get myself in physical shape for RIP? As it stands I'm in poor shape, minimum standards level. My PU, SU, and run time are only 45-55-13:50 respectively. I've quit my job and moved in with relatives, so adequate time to do PT isn't an issue. I've read every post in this section, and I'm trying what seems good. I'm only asking because I'd hate to make it to RIP only to get dropped for inadequate PT scores. If you Rangers honestly think I should wait a little longer and up my fitness level even more before trying to get an opt 40 contract please tell me, I've got time to spare and I'd hate waste a slot that someone who is ready could have had.

Thanks.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Get yer PT level up to where you want it to be before enlisting.

Now that was easy....wasn't it?

RLTW
Bell
Canis Lupis
Embryo

Post by Canis Lupis »

Good advice Ranger Bell, and no I'm not trying to be a smartass. I guess I'm just chompin' at the bit so to speak, desire to get in there greater than my common sense for a minute. Moderators feel free to delete this thread.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”