Introduction - Nathan

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Fuego
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Nathan

Post by Fuego »

SITREP. What is your current PT breakdown?
RC 05-00
A/1/502, 101st Abn 97-98
B/1/501, 172 SIB 98-01
B/2/3, 2ID 01-02
A/3/187, 101st Abn 02-04 (OEF1/OIF1)

USARA - LRR4889 (Life Member)

Shoot low, they're riding Shetlands.
NathanRSF
Tadpole

Post by NathanRSF »

Ranger Fuego,

I have not tested myself in 2-3 weeks. I will do a PT test on the 26th or 27th. But, I am soooo close to that 1st dead hang pullup at about 250 bodyweight. I can get up there but I can't get my chin over, probably about 2-3 inches for a complete pullup. I was up to 270 when I was powerlifting. My goal is 210. I'm a pretty built guy so lifting is easy for me but running is tough, I am improving though. PT is not where it should be, I can tell you that much. But, I will give you an update after Christmas.

Merry Christmas Rangers!
NathanRSF
Tadpole

Post by NathanRSF »

Rangers, I apologize for the delay. Here are my PT results...

Push-ups: 51
Sit-ups:56
2 mile run:16:41
Pullups: Working at them

The runs still kick my butt. Definitely my biggest weakness besides pullups. Thats what I'm working with at the moment though.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Nathan, You still need to improve your PT scores.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
NathanRSF
Tadpole

Post by NathanRSF »

Roger that Ranger Jim. It is an improvement from when I first started. But, I need to step it up. No excuses. Ill do another PT test in about 3 weeks.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

NathanRSF wrote:Roger that Ranger Jim. It is an improvement from when I first started. But, I need to step it up. No excuses. Ill do another PT test in about 3 weeks.
So what are you doing in the meantime?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
NathanRSF
Tadpole

Post by NathanRSF »

Ranger Jim,

I will be doing lots of PT and trying to get ahead on school work. For the PT I'm going to try and do a mini pushup/sit-up program and also try and loose roughly 8-10lbs before my next PT test. Im doing lots of assisted pullups to try and increase my pullup strength. By the end of the month I should be about 230-240 as well which is a lot closer to my goal.
NathanRSF
Tadpole

Post by NathanRSF »

Rangers,

I apologize for the delay on this post. I've been reading a lot of the SITREP's that various people have been posting in the last couple of months. Just want to wish everyone on that journey to become a Ranger good luck, and a well done to the ones that I have seen earn the title. I felt I should keep all of you Rangers informed on my progress and that I am still trying to prepare myself for RASP and ect. Here is my current PT breakdown:

54 Pushups
61 Sit-ups
16:21 2 mile run
1 pullup

Although my scores are almost the same I feel much stronger, my form is getting really good, and I don't feel like I need to have early funeral after everytime I run 1.5-3 miles. My next goal is to try and get better at speeding up my reps while also keeping my form. My chest hits or is an inch or two the ground everytime, that is what you want, correct? I will strive to hit 60 PU, 70 SU, 15:30 Run, and 2 pullups within the next month.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Have you consulted a physician on your bodyweight? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
NathanRSF
Tadpole

Post by NathanRSF »

Ranger Jim,

I have went to a physician concerning my bodyweight and overall health. I am currently at 225 lbs. He said that if everything I said about my diet is true then it is on the right track. I also had a physical and said that I was in very good health. I did not do a body fat percentage test, but he did say that I had a lot of muscle mass. I told him that I wanted to join the military, and he told me to get down to 205-210lbs and then go from there. The things he recommended me do more of was cardio and stretch. I also had a digestion problem for a couple of months, but the doctor perscribed a medicine and told me to eat more fruits and veggies, so that is fixed now.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Nathan, how is your PT and weight-loss progressing? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
NathanRSF
Tadpole

Post by NathanRSF »

Ranger Jim,

Slowly but surely. Currently at 223-228lbs range. Overall weight loss of around 45lbs in about 10-12 months (I believe). Feeling pretty good as of late. PT is going better but not as good as I want it to be. Good knews is that I am way more consistent than I used to be.

PT update:

52 Pushups
59 sit-ups
16:03 2 mile
Did not atempt a Pull-up on this PT test
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

If your PT is not consistently getting better over a period of weeks or months, then you're simply not pushing yourself hard enough.

That may sound simplistic or like I'm being a dick, but it's the plain honest truth. Only you know how hard you're trying or if you're quitting when it gets a little tough.

Your success is based on your want, or need, to do this. If you don't want or need it bad enough, then you'll be happy with middle of the road performance.

It sounds to me like you need a workout partner or a trainer to push you beyond your normal limit. It is hard to push yourself sometimes when PT'ing alone, it gets boring or you get distracted. If you find yourself constantly thinking that you've done enough for the day just because it starts to hurt a little, then you're wrong and you need to find it in yourself to actually push further and punish your body, while strengthening your mind.

Just remember we all have to and will die sometime, so you may as well die trying harder if being a Ranger is what you really want.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Let me add to this after reading your whole intro, you've been here since Oct of 15, talking about powerlifting and all that shit and how you want to be a Ranger. Right? Good to go.

At that point you could do zero pull ups. Fast forward two+ months of alleged hard PT'ing and as of January you state yourself that you've been doing "lots of assisted pull ups" to help improve that score.

4 months later still (this is fucking April now) and you still can't do more than 2 pull ups?

You're talking about 7 long months give or take with zero improvement from a young strong man.

I don't believe you. You're either full of shit or there's something seriously wrong with you or your training methods.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
NathanRSF
Tadpole

Post by NathanRSF »

Ranger Cams,

PM inbound. Workout routine and ect is in there.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”