USMC 3rd Recon Bat. Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

RAT
BANNED

Re: USMC 3rd Recon Bat. Intro

Post by RAT »

miller74md wrote:Thanks for the info Rat. Some of the details were buried in the brain housing group.

Sgt. Yager! That's right. We still lived in the barracks right by the beach on Schwab at the time. He ran my RIP. I guess the story was Sgt Yager liked to do hand-stands on the railing at the top of the stairwells. After one too many one night he toppled over on an attempt. He got banged up pretty good.
Joe had a good drinking problem back then. He recovered from that and was doing great last I heard. I am sure he is with MSOB now.
miller74md wrote:Sgt. Bags went with us to the DAP. He was a Ranger too and one badass mofo.
Saw Bags at 1st Force in 04 and 05 when I was doing some advising at 1st Force/ SOTG. He had just picked up 1st Sgt.
miller74md wrote:I talked with Brady a couple years ago on Facebook or MySpace or one of those. I didn't know he was flying.
He has a Facebook page. I sent you a PM on where to find us.
miller74md wrote:Borden went to the Air Marshalls I think it was shortly after 9/11 I think.
B is still flyinh. I get an e-mail from him every few months. He is doing well.
miller74md wrote:Stare I followed on his Blogs for awhile until he got shut down. I think he was in Cali or something at Journalism school.
JS is doing well. We try to keep his name off the sites as much as possiable. Still people who look to bust him at any angle.
miller74md wrote:I was in Hemphill's wedding a few years after we got out. Senecal, Rasario, and Perno went down also. Last I knew Hempy was on a Fire Dept too. Lost track of him here in the last couple years.
Me too. Have not heard from him in a while.
miller74md wrote:I talked to Perno a couple months ago. He was heading to Afghanistan.
I don't remember Perno real well did he come over from 2nd?
miller74md wrote:Really wish I could track down everyone. Maybe I getting sentimental in my old age or something.
As I said PM on the way.
miller74md wrote:My walk on at Ranger school almost didnt work. I was only supposed to go to Jump School. I had to spend 2 weeks with a Guard unit after Jump School until a Zero week started and my orders were almost up for leave. In Zero Week I didnt know if I was UA or AWOL or what. I finally got a copy of new TAD orders when I was heading to the Mountains. I still feel lucky to have gone. Right place, right time. Someone must have said, "Let him stay, he's already there." I think it was Capt. Teidi (sp) maybe who was the CO at the time?
It was Capt Paul Tiedy and Capt Paul Montanus. They were great dudes. Did shit like that all the time. They knew how to work the system.
miller74md wrote:Anyways, thanks Rat. You jarred my memory. Much obliged.
No problem.

RO!!!
littleredrangerwife
Egg

Post by littleredrangerwife »

I love you SURGEON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Semper Fi! Read some good books about Force Recon in Nam: INSIDE FORCE RECON by Laning and Stubbe; EYE OF THE TIGER by Delezen; FORCE RECON COMMAND by Lee; GREEN GHOSTS by Floyd; and FORCE RECON DIARY, 1969 by Norton. Have made some of those Force Recon Nam Heros as my current friends as a result of swapping books!
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur

Return to “Introduction Archive”