Introduction...Recce By Death

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Glenn, MSG Ret.
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Glenn, MSG Ret. »

Welcome Recce. My Mom was born in Regina so I guess that makes me half Canuck, eh?
Glenn
Former 2nd squad 3rd platoon A Co. 3/75 Dad
USNavy 1960-1966
USArmy 1980-2001
Retired MSG
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

Welcome Canuck.

I hear you guys are starting to learn a game called hockey and about a wonderful substance called beer.

Good luck with that. :wink:
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
Recce By Death
Embryo

Post by Recce By Death »

This game that you call hockey....we call it a way of life, as is beer.

The more important game we're "relearning" is warfighting.

The fucking peace keeper myth is dying a horrible death...finally.

Regards
My reward will be measured by the lethality of my crew I will train and the battlefield damage we will inflict. Let others pay in blood for their lack of readiness.
Recce By Death
Embryo

Re: Introduction...Recce By Death

Post by Recce By Death »

Well I've been back from Asscrackistan since April. Did my tour in a Leo2A6M based out of Ma'sum Ghar in Panjwaii. Had a little bit of action but for the most part it was slow going.

I have a legit reason for getting back on here.

Seems there is a Walt claiming to be a Ranger. The mods (me included) are rather suspicious and I dropped the gloves. What I need to know is if anyone here can confirm if this guy is the real deal or not.

Mind you his story stinks to high hell.

Are there any open-ended questions I can ask this chump to get him to open up and we can confirm?

Regards
My reward will be measured by the lethality of my crew I will train and the battlefield damage we will inflict. Let others pay in blood for their lack of readiness.
Recce By Death
Embryo

Post by Recce By Death »

Thanks much guys.

A Walt, for those of you who never heard the term before:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Mitty" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look under military terms.

I've pretty much called him a liar and we'll see if there's any sort of retort. Most military troops never back down to being challenged on their authenticity. Most Walts fuck off as fast as they can.

The questions will help us verify if he was a Ranger. I'm betting he's nothing more than some Nintendosniperwannabe who's played a few too many games of Modern Warfare 2 during the holidays.

Thanks again. I'll let you know how we make out.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

RangerTee wrote:4. General:
How many knots are used to tie on the cat's eyes on the back of the Ranger patrol cap?
Answer: 24
There are 2 pieces of luminous tape on the back of the cap, each is attached with 3 sets of 2 knots per side (six knots per side for the two, total of 12x2 or 24)

WTF?????????????????????????

Ok fellas, the gig is up, I am poser
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
RangerTee
Ranger

Post by RangerTee »

RRDTm3 wrote:
RangerTee wrote:4. General:
How many knots are used to tie on the cat's eyes on the back of the Ranger patrol cap?
Answer: 24
There are 2 pieces of luminous tape on the back of the cap, each is attached with 3 sets of 2 knots per side (six knots per side for the two, total of 12x2 or 24)

WTF?????????????????????????

Sorry if I'm wrong on that one, Bubba... I pulled it from memory, and I ain't as young as I used to be, might have made a mistake?

That may be Old Alzheimer's Ranger lore... Anybody else remember that too?
"War is an extension of politics by other means" - Carl Phillip Gottfried von Clausewitz - "On War"

http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
U.D. for VII Corps LRRP, C/58 LRP, B/75 RGR for 75th Ranger.Regt.Assn.

Class 2-73
B/75: 72-74
Co.B,1st Ranger Bn.: 74-75
Div.Pathfinders-T.L.,101st Abn.
75thRRA.L.M.#1820
D.A.V. Life Member (75-current)
RangerTee
Ranger

Post by RangerTee »

ZoneIV wrote:
RRDTm3 wrote:
Hey Tee, I had three cat eyes on my patrol cap. Does this make me a poser???? :lol:

CRAP !! I hesitated before putting that particular one in there before I went back and checked.

Yeah, ZoneIV, you is now a poser !! Was that three cat eyes on your patrol cap, or on your tank?
:lol:

Now I gotta hope some other FOG comes along and rescues me here before I is unmasked as a poser !!
"War is an extension of politics by other means" - Carl Phillip Gottfried von Clausewitz - "On War"

Class 2-73
75thRRA.L.M.#1820
RangerTee
Ranger

Post by RangerTee »

ZoneIV wrote:
RangerTee wrote: Yeah, ZoneIV, you is now a poser !! Was that three cat eyes on your patrol cap, or on your tank?
Actually I think you are dead on with your details come to think about it but damn, I think if I was asked the cat eye question in a bar as a Tab check, I wouldn't have been able to answer it to save my life but then again, up to 2 years ago, I wouldn't have been able to tell you my class number either. :lol:

That said, I did in fact have three cat eyes on the back of my patrol cap during RS. I may have been one of the few if any in my class to have them. Now if you don't know why I would have three then maybe you are a poser... :lol:
Well, I may as well punch out, then, ZoneIV, because I may have known it at one time, but darned if I can remember why you would have had 3... enlighten me, please.

Class 2-73
75thRRA.L.M.#1820
RangerTee
Ranger

Post by RangerTee »

Thanks ZoneIV... guess I should have remembered that too... as I said about the knots, should have checked that before I included it in the post... was running behind and doing some other things... will try to go check it as soon as I get a chance, unless someone else can post a definitive answer.

Class 2-73
75thRRA.L.M.#1820

Return to “Introduction Archive”