Ranger Dropping In!

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Capellanus wrote:BTY: I have been trying to download/upload an Avatar since I joined for some reason the Govn't CPU with all its fire walls won't allow me. I will try at the home PC.
You'll need to host it in a Photo bucket type of site.

You can use one from the ArmyRanger.com avatar selections until you get it squared away.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Capellanus
Ranger

Post by Capellanus »

AbnRgr289,

What exactly is a "photo bucket"? Can I upload my Avatar from "my pictures" on my PC? I realize that I only have 18 KM and must stay within the 150x80 parameters. If not, can I send an attachment to one of the administrators to upload it for me?
RGR Capellanus
6th RTB (Jun 12-present)
2/75 Rgr. Bn. ( July 10-Jun 11)
1-32 IN, 3BCT, 10th MTN, DIV (07-10)
B Co. 1/75 Rgr. Bn. (92-97)
RGR Class 8-94
OEF (Aug 11-Dec 11)
OEF (Oct 10-Jan 11)
OEF IX/X (Jan 09-Jan 10)
"As Iron sharpens Iron, so one man sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:7)
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Capellanus wrote:AbnRgr289,

What exactly is a "photo bucket"? Can I upload my Avatar from "my pictures" on my PC? I realize that I only have 18 KM and must stay within the 150x80 parameters. If not, can I send an attachment to one of the administrators to upload it for me?
...ask Silverback. He'd LOVE to help you with your avatar selection Sir! :twisted: :lol:
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Capellanus wrote:JIM wrote

Code: Select all

We generally have some Tabbed Chaplains running around. There just aren't a lot. even fewer with combat scroll and CMB. Welcome...
I am not a chaplain (yet). Just wanted to clear this up before it gets out of hand. And I haven't been to combat yet either. I have been sitting the bench for the last 8 years tied down in the education system. Thanks for the welcome.

Ranger Jurena wrote:

Perhaps a bit more fire and brimstone? I can't imagine that Doc Donovan would tolarate this kinder and gentler disciple of his even if you have taken up the cross. 
For those that know me, I am not the preachy type. I live and lead by example. Rangers don't need someone preaching at them, we know what is right and wrong. Perhaps I was a bit "soft" and "warm" on my intro, but I wanted the community to know what became of me.

You are right by calling me a disciple but I disagree with your assessment of me being "kinder and gentler." At 34 I will still smoke most of the young kids entering the Army now and I can still roadmarch with the best of you. So take a motrin and stop your sniviling :)

Brovo57 wrote:

Welcome to the site sir. 

Now, prior Doc M****** in Bn, Go fuck yourself.  
Interesting welcome Brovo57? Did you forget my name or did you just forget how to spell it?
BTY: once a Ranger always a Ranger. This remains true to medics, especially those of us who served in Bn.

BTY: I have been trying to download/upload an Avatar since I joined for some reason the Govn't CPU with all its fire walls won't allow me. I will try at the home PC.

As for the rest of you. It's good to be home. Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to re-connecting with my Ranger buddies.
Way to represent the leg shavers Cap. Looks like you have mastered this whole Posting thing, I'm impressed.

I can't wait until you are vetted, this should get interesting back in the Mojo. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
LRP1
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by LRP1 »

Welcome Ranger..
HHC 2/502 Recondo 66 -67 RVN
1FFV Echo LRP 20th INF (ABN) 67 - 68
Team 1 1
Satan's Playboys
From Hell We Rise
B Co Omega Recon CCS RT Hammer
75Th RRA Life Member 2189
Special Operations Association Member 2907-GA
Secretary, Worldwide Army Rangers, Inc

Professional Soldiers Are Predictable; The World Is full Of Dangerous Amateurs.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome, Ranger!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
cpaulsen20
Ranger

Post by cpaulsen20 »

Welcome to the site Ranger.
C Co 2/75 99-01

RS 09-00
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Capellanus wrote:AbnRgr289,

Photo bucket is a image hosting site.

Looks like you figured it out.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

Welcome, brother!

I'll be finishing up at Westminster Theological Seminary in California this May. Over the last year I've felt drawn to return to Batt as a chaplain as well. I'm just looking into the process, but I may have to opportunity to serve as a reserve SF chaplain before then (I know, spare us the gayness... :roll: ).

Capellanus wrote:I have been sitting the bench for the last 8 years tied down in the education system. Thanks for the welcome.

I totally resonate with "being tied up in the educational system". I've been in school for ten years now, as this is actually my second seminary! I am schooled out (and broke), and cannot wait to get back into real life. Seminary has been great in many ways, but it's academia like any other educational institution in other regards.

You are right by calling me a disciple but I disagree with your assessment of me being "kinder and gentler." At 34 I will still smoke most of the young kids entering the Army now and I can still roadmarch with the best of you. So take a motrin and stop your sniviling :)

Right on! I go the gym with some of the young men who are thinking about chaplaincy work, and I smoke them at 31yrs of age - nobody will even go running with me anymore :( and two of these guys are prior service :!:

BTY: once a Ranger always a Ranger. This remains true to medics, especially those of us who served in Bn.

Agreed. I think that this has had an effect even upon my work in the church. I'm in trouble right now with a church I interned with last summer, because the pastor was a lazy, disorganized, spineless, and authoritarian slob, and I actually called him on it. He was having me take over his preaching at last minutes notice on a regular basis, so that he could go home and have a beer and a movie, and waste time on the internet! As a former Ranger I'd just keep saying, "I'll get on it", do my best with a day of preparation, and then he'd get all grumpy because the church actually was edified by my labors in the Word! I though, "this dude is fifteen years older than me, and my kids have more discipline than that". I told his session that they needed to square him away for the good of the body, but he intimidated all of them as well, so now I'm the bad guy!!! Ugh.

I've found that my profs and fellow students can have a hard time understanding our mentality as well, and often mistake the confidence that Rangering brings in life with arrogance (which is always a sin to be aware of). Some of the younger profs don't feel comfortable with a man, not too much younger than them and who has life experience which they lack, sitting in their class and not just swallowing everything that they throw at him (i.e. socially/politically liberal views on various issues). Too often in the church anyone with the spine to bring attention to things that need to be brought up to standard is seen as dangerous (translates "won't keep the status quo"), and I've heard of several men who began as chaplains, tried getting out to pastor churches, couldn't stand the petty politics, and returned to active duty. There are, however, many who do appreciate that honesty and conviction, as I'm sure you have experienced.

Enough of my ranting. Blessings on your ministry, and maybe we'll meet up in the future (pre-eternal state, of course :wink: )
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel

Return to “Introduction Archive”