? On Running

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Stairs and hills are good. Also try to run in a hilly area, so when you get in the flat areas it seems like nothing.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

First off,

I suggest you don't call that man a "Green Beret" anymore, unless you really like getting treated like a monkey.

Anyone who is running more than 20 miles a week is out of his tree. You are gonna wreck your frigging knees before you ever get a chance to go to MEPS. And that isn't the goal, is it?

Run twice a week. If you have the opportunity, go to the pool and run laps in the waist high water. That will be good for your whole body and you will not have the impact you would receive from loggin miles on a track, trail or road. If you do not have a pool, get your cardio in by playing team sports or hitting cardio machines.

Focus on varying your PT schedule to doing Cardio in the morning and lifting in the evening. That way you will increase your metabolism and you will burn off any extra fat.

I also suggest that all of you who are teenagers go fairly light on the weights as your upper bodys aren't anywhere near to being filled out size wise. You are much more prone to get injured longterm now than you will be once you move into your 20's.

If anyone needs some seriously professional info, I suggest you PM Ranger El Nino. He is one of the fittest, most disciplined athletes I have ever met and I am sure he would be willing to help as long as you ask him respectfully and do what he suggests. No one likes to waste their time on a newbie who doesn't listen.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Ranger Matador has given you good advice.
It's a goddamn shame that it took a 2 page essay for a half dozen DEPs to advise this lazy upstart.
All of a sudden the DEPs are all subject matter experts.
Start your own site and advise each other.
Let us know how many Rangers you produce.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Hahahaha Rgr Kilted Heathen.....that would be hillarious.

I wonder which one of the numbnuts would preside the meetings. I can already see it...."this is what you need to do if you wanna make it through RIP..."

:shock:

Return to “About Army Physical Training”