Flutter Kicks

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Recon USMC

Post by Recon USMC »

Morris0352 wrote:actually FREED Y you're totally wrong :D jk...the book that I'm looking at is.....lemme go grab it....it's just a book called "U.S. Special Forces" it's got 3 sections: Airborne Rangers, Delta, U.S. Navy SEALs. I've seen each sold seperately in Barnes/Noble, but my friend got lucky and saw a book that contains all 3. In the section AIRBORNE RANGERS it shows guys at Ranger School doing flutter kicks....ok looking at the pic, their backs are parallel with the ground(obviously) and their thighs are perpendicular to the rest of their body. The lowest that their feet get is about 2-3 inches above the ground(as EarthPig said) and the highest that they get is to the point where their legs are nearly straight. I'll try to get a pic of this scanned. The little summary that goes w/ the pic is "Another part of Ranger physical training--enless flutter kicks"

Well sure... but reality...hmmm, you will get so tired that your heels will be sitting on the ground, you will barely be able to pick your legs up, you will have to dig deeper then the next guy to make sure your form is less conspicous the the guy on your right or left, if you start to fail I suggest you make the best war face you can muster, and find and internal strenght and start kicking vigorously, because if you think you got it and you can swim you will go to a ranger scout swimmer course which will make you forget how good you really are, if you u can handle that... give recon a whirl, but you will need to put on about 20lbs of body weight..no fat.
Recon USMC

Post by Recon USMC »

Freed Y wrote:You guys are reading To be a US Army Ranger right? I saw that picture too. Would squating help with flutter kicks since it's working your legs alot?
How much you weight bud, If you want to get in shape to kick ass, here is my deal, if u are about 18, 150bls, 5' 10", your best bet is to find a lake with a good running path, run at a fast pace for about a mile, then do crunches, flutter kicks, some push ups, hello dolly's, hi jack hi jills, ect for about 10min, run another and do the same, then on the last mile push your run as hard as you can, with a 10min walk off, 4days a week and you will smoke the old timers no problem, don't push your work out to hard, work on endurance, make sure you are heating up and sweating, if not your first gas mask/flak run will take you out...

ps. start using a 30lb pack on your runs once you are climatize (marine way) :P
Morris0352
Ranger

Post by Morris0352 »

aaa
Last edited by Morris0352 on February 18th, 2009, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dog Snatch

Post by Dog Snatch »

I just tried doing flutter kicks for the first time yesterday. I did 4 sets for 30 sec each, and now my upper quads are burning everytime I walk.

Am I pussywhipped, or is this beginners' pain for gain?
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Dog Snatch wrote:I just tried doing flutter kicks for the first time yesterday. I did 4 sets for 30 sec each, and now my upper quads are burning everytime I walk.

Normally, I would say beginner's pain, but since you cried about it on the board I'd say that you were being a pussy. :wink:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

BadMuther wrote:
Dog Snatch wrote:I just tried doing flutter kicks for the first time yesterday. I did 4 sets for 30 sec each, and now my upper quads are burning everytime I walk.

Normally, I would say beginner's pain, but since you cried about it on the board I'd say that you were being a pussy. :wink:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Dog snot is a pussy!
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Dog Snatch

Post by Dog Snatch »

Yeah you can fuck me and my soon-to-be-iron-abs-and-quads, Ranger Steadfast.
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Post by Ranger »

Another former member, converted to a reader only status.

Sound Effects Man - POST!
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

KAWHOOOOOOSH!!!!!!!!!!
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Mr Nice Guy
Embryo

Post by Mr Nice Guy »

Dog Snatch wrote:Yeah you can fuck me and my soon-to-be-iron-abs-and-quads, Ranger Steadfast.
I love it
-Chuck
NoMoreRegrets
Tadpole

Post by NoMoreRegrets »

Well, I have searched, and perhaps I'm missing it, but I still haven't come up with a good answer. If I'm missing it somewhere, I apologize... but I want to make sure I'm doing these right.

It's the "four count" part that I don't understand. I've seen some stills of the exercise and I have the basic form right. I'm doing them and they burn like hell after about 45 secs or so. I have one foot moving slightly up (few inches) while the other moves back to the starting position (couple of inches off the ground). Then I'm just alternating them as fast as I can and keeping it going for as long as I can. But I don't really know what "four count" means. I would appreciate any enlightment that can be thrown my way because I don't really understand how to count these, nor am I 100% certain that I'm even doing them right.
NoMoreRegrets
- better late than never.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”