Does anyone here remember this fast roping incident?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Looon
Ranger

Re: Does anyone here remember this fast roping incident?

Post by Looon »

We roped in the dark and in the dark onto buildings. Never used my feet. It was 'get the fuck on the ground fast, or get pounded into it'.

But that was waaaaay before the time frame.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Trigger
Tadpole

Post by Trigger »

JohnDowland wrote:
EvilCouch wrote:
The Sleepy Doc wrote:Gotta name? If he was involved in filming BHD, then he was in B Co and I should know him. It sounds like he got injured after I left though.
I'd like to know the name, too. I would have had to have been in Bco at the same time as this cat and if he says he was involved in the BHD filming, then I know what platoon he was in, too.
If he was in B co then he couldn't have been involved in the accident that killed our comms NCO, unless he transferred companies at a later date. That accident was a C co incident.
Thanks Ranger JohnDowland

That's what I was looking for. I might stir up a conversation about it with him if I ever see him again now that I know that it was not the incident that someone was killed in.

- Trigger
"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper (ret).
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Ranger Cams,

Just a cadet looking to soak up as much information as possible. I've always thought fast roping was one of the coolest things done in the military, and meeting that (now a 2LT) who was hurt doing it had peaked my curiousity on the subject. I figured here was the right place to learn more.

I apologize if the NV thing is something that shouldn't be asked, I felt it was "discovery channel" level stuff.
- Trigger
I ain't talking about NODs stud. Something just don't sit right with me. I'll figure it out.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Trigger wrote:
Ranger Cams,

Just a cadet looking to soak up as much information as possible. I've always thought fast roping was one of the coolest things done in the military, - Trigger
That's because you've never done it.
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:We used to fast-rope naked
I used to get naked, and they'd use me as the fast rope!

:shock:
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

rgrokelley wrote:

......and the skids never left the ground. :twisted:
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

RangerX wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:

......and the skids never left the ground. :twisted:
That was due to testicle weight
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

BadMuther wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Ranger Cams,

Just a cadet looking to soak up as much information as possible. I've always thought fast roping was one of the coolest things done in the military, - Trigger
The reason he has never done it is because it doesn't exist. Back in the late '80's, fast roping was classified...And there is a reason for it....It isn't real. There is/was no such thing as a "fast rope". None of the BTDT men on this board have ever left a helo via such a device--day or night. we are just pulling your leg. No matter how many photoshopped youtube vid's you see...it is a mirage. Anyone that says the did is just lying to bolster their own self confidence.

This poor cadet is just feeling "Black Helicopter Syndrome"...
It is the result of a high level of testostorone pushing through the veins of a previously mangina laden boy...

Just to clarify:

No... no one has ever been hurt or involved in a fast roping incident simply because there is no such thing as a fast rope...end of story.

Go do cadet shit now (that doesn't consist of posting advice on everything you can find in google about weapons.)

(Some admin should change his name to Tigger and make his avatar a picture of Winnie the Poo.....)
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
snipe4fun wrote:The description of only one chem light on the end of the rope seems faulty to me, I thought two chem lights spaced a meter apart were used to avoid that very situation of the rope being not on a flat surface.
As time passes Rangers must get smarter!

From naked to two chemlites! What will they think of next? Wearing gloves while you rope ????? 8)
These new kids wear GLOVES???? (Pastor looks at his charred, burnt, and destroyed hands and says...FUCK....I could have worn gloves.....)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

Oto-Man wrote:
BadMuther wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Ranger Cams,

The reason he has never done it is because it doesn't exist. Back in the late '80's, fast roping was classified...And there is a reason for it....It isn't real. There is/was no such thing as a "fast rope". None of the BTDT men on this board have ever left a helo via such a device--day or night. we are just pulling your leg. No matter how many photoshopped youtube vid's you see...it is a mirage. Anyone that says the did is just lying to bolster their own self confidence.

This poor cadet is just feeling "Black Helicopter Syndrome"...
It is the result of a high level of testostorone pushing through the veins of a previously mangina laden boy...

Just to clarify:

No... no one has ever been hurt or involved in a fast roping incident simply because there is no such thing as a fast rope...end of story.

Go do cadet shit now (that doesn't consist of posting advice on everything you can find in google about weapons.)

(Some admin should change his name to Tigger and make his avatar a picture of Winnie the Poo.....)
Oh Oto..I tried this same approach in one of the first posts in this thread....

Apparently, the Palace Guard is easily confused and decided that my comments / post which included some millions of candle watts used while roping was obviously how we did things and needed to let the young cadet called Trigger know that ..yes, people get hurt while sliding down a rope during hours of limited visibility and apparently its only conducted in the 3rd Bn.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

RangerJurena wrote: Oh Oto..I tried this same approach in one of the first posts in this thread....

Apparently, the Palace Guard is easily confused and decided that my comments / post which included some millions of candle watts used while roping was obviously how we did things and needed to let the young cadet called Trigger know that ..yes, people get hurt while sliding down a rope during hours of limited visibility and apparently its only conducted in the 3rd Bn.
Hey...... Oh wait, I walked right passed that one.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”