Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Seems the Pastor has taken a fatherly stance (or at least is tolerating you because you're a Texan), listen to the advice given.

You sound like you're still unsure if you want to put forth the effort to do this properly.

You want something, get it. Don't stop 'til you have it in your hand and has become a part of your soul.

The road to the Regiment is a long, hard road, not many make it. Staying there is even harder. If you're unsure, or still trying to take shortcuts, turn back now, you won't make it. You need to devote 110% to your readiness. Mentally, physically and morally, as well as taking care of your everyday affairs. Sound like a lot? It is, get used to it now.

You have to start at the beginning young man, no other way about it, and this is the best place to start.

Go follow Ranger Matador's instructions, now. Eyes and ears open, mouth shut.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
HitmanBZ
Embryo

Post by HitmanBZ »

Understood, Rangers. The Marines won't even take me with out college credits. And I figure why go Marine if I could possibly qualify to be a Ranger with the same credentials. I would be alot happier going in as a Ranger and being sent somewhere doing what I was told I would be doing as aposed to signing up for something lets say medical then turn around and becoming a truck driver in Iraq and having a higher probability rate of driving over a land mine or being shot by a 9yr old and returning in a body bag and having people say "oh well".

Realistacally my only probable option is to get my GED and my 15 college credit hours and work from there. I could go back to HS but It would literally be another 4 years of horse shit and I just turned 18 so instead of being finished im just begining and then risk having a relapse, Not worth it to me.

I am simply speaking my mind and setting realistic goals for myself.
I do not want you Rangers to think any less of me if you already do becuase I do not feel going back to High School would be my best option. All HS Adult Education programs are for "credit recovery" or for those requiring 5 credits or less from graduation.

Might end up getting chewed out by this but I did a little smoking of my own.

5'8 , 143
59 push ups - 2 min
68 sit ups - 2 min
1 mile in 8-9 mins
8 pullups, palms inward.

^^^ decent, not good enough, yet.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

stop fucking talking. now. don't post anything else. for about a week.

you also need to change your avatar. you are not authorized the one you are using. you are only authorized to use one from the NEWTS gallery.

go read the rules if you want to stay here.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Understood, Rangers.
Clearly it was not understood because you ramble on for another 3+ paragraphs about something or other after being told numerous times now to shut up and read. High School huh? I'm surprised you made it out of grade school you fucking drone.
The Marines won't even take me with out college credits. And I figure why go Marine if I could possibly qualify to be a Ranger with the same credentials. I would be alot happier going in as a Ranger and being sent somewhere doing what I was told I would be doing as aposed to signing up for something lets say medical then turn around and becoming a truck driver in Iraq and having a higher probability rate of driving over a land mine or being shot by a 9yr old and returning in a body bag and having people say "oh well".

Realistacally my only probable option is to get my GED and my 15 college credit hours and work from there. I could go back to HS but It would literally be another 4 years of horse shit and I just turned 18 so instead of being finished im just begining and then risk having a relapse, Not worth it to me.

I am simply speaking my mind and setting realistic goals for myself.
I do not want you Rangers to think any less of me if you already do becuase I do not feel going back to High School would be my best option. All HS Adult Education programs are for "credit recovery" or for those requiring 5 credits or less from graduation.

Might end up getting chewed out by this but I did a little smoking of my own.

5'8 , 143
59 push ups - 2 min
68 sit ups - 2 min
1 mile in 8-9 mins
8 pullups, palms inward.

^^^ decent, not good enough, yet.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

:roll:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Go back, suck it up and get your fucking diploma. Check with your high school, most places will accept community college credits to get your diploma. It will also help you because you will probabally have to take a remedial math and english. this will definitely help increase your ASVAB score. Whatever college credits you get will help you get promoted faster too.

Look at it this way; you go go back and get your shit, enlist and make it to Battalion, and then get your Tab. You'll be able to look back at those who got a diploma and are moppin' floors at MacDonald's because they did fuck-all with it. Meanwhile, you'll be getting paid to do some cool as shit that they only dream about on CNN or the military channel. The choice is yours..

BTW; good luck and welcome
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi

Return to “Introduction Archive”